christa1

Jun 25, 2018
Hello,

My work experience is as follows:

Employer 1: 2.5 years, full time, NOC code ABC
Self Employment 1: 5 years across 4 different clients, full time, NOC code XYZ
Employer 2: 2.5 years, full time, NOC code ABC
Self Employment 2: 0.5 years for 1 client, full time, NOC code ABC

For the Self Employment 1, the best I can do is to provide letters (about my role, duties, hours, pay, etc.) from the recruitment agencies through whom I found the 4 clients. I cannot provide anything from clients themselves as the people I worked for have long moved on to other companies. I can, however, provide full documentation for Self Employment 2.

What would happen if CIC would not be fully satisfied with what I can provide for Self Employment 1? Would they just be happy to accept my other employment periods to get me the full points for 3 years of work experience? Or are they really anal about fully validating every employment period that you've put on the application?

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello,

My work experience is as follows:

Employer 1: 2.5 years, full time, NOC code ABC
Self Employment 1: 5 years across 4 different clients, full time, NOC code XYZ
Employer 2: 2.5 years, full time, NOC code ABC
Self Employment 2: 0.5 years for 1 client, full time, NOC code ABC

For the Self Employment 1, the best I can do is to provide letters (about my role, duties, hours, pay, etc.) from the recruitment agencies through whom I found the 4 clients. I cannot provide anything from clients themselves as the people I worked for have long moved on to other companies. I can, however, provide full documentation for Self Employment 2.

What would happen if CIC are not able to fully validate Self Employment 1 period to their satisfaction? Would they just be happy to accept my other employment periods to get me the full points for 3 years of work experience?
Self validitaion is a possibility but other than self declaration do you have other proof of working for these companies ? Like offer letter, salary slips, tax forms etc ?

christa1

Jun 25, 2018
Hi,

I was basically a contractor and it worked this way: client wanted someone with skills X, they went to the recruitment agency and found me. So the recruitment agency was always an intermediately - my contracts were with the recruitment agency rather than the company, and it was the recruitment agency that paid me, not the company.

I can provide detailed letters from the recruitment agencies, and there's a low chance I might be able to provide contracts between myself and the recruitment agencies and pay slips (wasn't wise enough to keep them and many of these agencies have moved on to other IT systems and wiped their old data).

So my question basically is, if the letters from the agencies are not good enough for CIC to validate this period, given that I have 5 years of other employment that I have great documentation for, will this be sufficient?

Last edited: