+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience letters

Jun 14, 2017
hi,

I have a query about work experience reference letters. i have worked with 6 companies in the past 10 years and can't get all reference letters. is it ok if i provide reference letters for for 3 that would be about 4 years and enough to get me the maximum score for work experience. for the rest i can provide the appointment and relieving letters but not in the format prescribed by CIC. Could anyone tell me if that would be acceptable?
Thanks.

BR

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
hi,

I have a query about work experience reference letters. i have worked with 6 companies in the past 10 years and can't get all reference letters. is it ok if i provide reference letters for for 3 that would be about 4 years and enough to get me the maximum score for work experience. for the rest i can provide the appointment and relieving letters but not in the format prescribed by CIC. Could anyone tell me if that would be acceptable?
Thanks.

BR
You can mention the companies you can get reference letters from (and in your case max points for) in the work history section and rest in personal history so that you don't have to provide any documents for those.

rahugang

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I also have few questions regarding work history and reference letters. I have more than 10 year of experience but I am not able to get reference letters from my past employers except from the current employer. I have been working with my current employer from last 4 years (2.5 years in US and 1.5 years in Canada). My questions are:

1) As per my understanding, I can claim Canadian work experience CRS points for 1 year for the current job. But regarding the foreign Job experience in last 10 years, can I only claim more than 2 years or can I claim more than 3 years? If its more than 2 years then I am almost loosing 1 year of work experience and quite some CRS points.

2) I was working in US for my previous employer. I do have experience letter but it doesn't have salary or job details. I also have tax returns, some pay stubs, L1B & H1B petitions, transfer letter with salary and job details (from India), W2s, etc. Should I add this experience in work history?

3) For other past experience in India, will it be fine if I do not mention in EE profile but add them after ITA in personal details?

Thanks,
RG

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I also have few questions regarding work history and reference letters. I have more than 10 year of experience but I am not able to get reference letters from my past employers except from the current employer. I have been working with my current employer from last 4 years (2.5 years in US and 1.5 years in Canada). My questions are:

1) As per my understanding, I can claim Canadian work experience CRS points for 1 year for the current job. But regarding the foreign Job experience in last 10 years, can I only claim more than 2 years or can I claim more than 3 years? If its more than 2 years then I am almost loosing 1 year of work experience and quite some CRS points.

2) I was working in US for my previous employer. I do have experience letter but it doesn't have salary or job details. I also have tax returns, some pay stubs, L1B & H1B petitions, transfer letter with salary and job details (from India), W2s, etc. Should I add this experience in work history?

3) For other past experience in India, will it be fine if I do not mention in EE profile but add them after ITA in personal details?

Thanks,
RG
1) You can claim up to 3 years total for any experience.

2) You don't need previous employer as long as you can provide evidence for current employer back to 3 years.

3) No, you need to have a complete EE profile at time of ITA. Small things can change later, but they require explanation.

rahugang

Jun 15, 2017
1) You can claim up to 3 years total for any experience.

2) You don't need previous employer as long as you can provide evidence for current employer back to 3 years.

3) No, you need to have a complete EE profile at time of ITA. Small things can change later, but they require explanation.
Thanks for quick response!