+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Letter - What would you do ?

SlowMoJoe

Apr 26, 2017
Hi ,

My previous job has sent me a work experience letter providing all the information required except for the job duties. In the letter they explain that its company policy not to provide job duties in work verification letter. The letter does mention they are enclosing a generic copy of the job duties for that title.

The job duties are 2 pages stapled to the letter. Only the letter is signed.

Are the odds in favor of the government accepting this letter and job description ?

The only other thing I have close to explaining my job duties is a performance evaluation signed 2 years ago.

My supervisors and managers no longer work at that company.

Most Thankful,

Joe

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
I think this could work. Are the job duties letter on company letterhead? I would upload all of these documents, including the performance evaluation, together under 'work experience' and include a LOE explaining the same.

Last edited:

SlowMoJoe

Apr 26, 2017
The letter telling me that it can not list the job duties in company letterhead is in letterhead. The job duties themselves are on regular white paper and are referenced in the official letter as being attached.

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
You are welcome to get a second opinion, but a letter on "regular white paper" that isn't signed or stamped could easily be printed on any computer. The immigration officer can't be certain that the description you are sending them is the one the company printed.

Can you get the same description re-printed on company letterhead?

SlowMoJoe

Apr 26, 2017
You are welcome to get a second opinion, but a letter on "regular white paper" that isn't signed or stamped could easily be printed on any computer. The immigration officer can't be certain that the description you are sending them is the one the company printed.

Can you get the same description re-printed on company letterhead?
That's exactly what I was thinking. I've been battling them for for 2 months and this is the best I can get. They refuse to put it on company letterhead.

At this point do you think presenting a notarized affidavit from my former supervisor listing all my job duties would help my case ? Should I include her work verification letter saying that she worked there at the same time as me ?

Advisor_PK

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Islamabad and Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
04-04-2016
Yes the affidavit would help and so will the performance evaluation. Include them both along with a LOE explaining that you tried your best to get the job description on letterhead but you were refused. That should work.

I'm surprised how obnoxious some employers can be about reference letters. Sad.

Good luck

SlowMoJoe

Apr 26, 2017
Yes the affidavit would help and so will the performance evaluation. Include them both along with a LOE explaining that you tried your best to get the job description on letterhead but you were refused. That should work.

I'm surprised how obnoxious some employers can be about reference letters. Sad.

Good luck
I agree. Then I remembered exactly why I left them.

PianoMan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Halifax, NS
Category........
CEC
Hey. I was in a similar situation for one employer. Duties and responsibilities were given to be on a separate sheet and was referenced in the employment letter. I had no issue with it. However, I did also provide an LOE and every possible supporting doc.

For another employer, I was refused a reference letter. In fact, the employer just refused to answer my emails or my phone calls or see me when I went to see him in person. For this, along with supporting docs showing that I was working there, I added the duties and resposibilities, the job posting from when I was hired and an LOE with the emails I had sent to the employer as proof.

I got my PPR request last week and with gods blessings I didn't have any problem. I hope this helps. Cic however does look at every case differently.

jason2006

May 13, 2017
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I got a bit trouble in Letter of Employment:

I worked as Supervisor, Pharmacy for 2 years Full Time. However, the head office are not willing to included my list of duties on the letter as it is a template that generated from their system. On top of that, my manager could not provide the written letter to list out my duties and my payslip is stated I am Pharmacy Assistant neither (as pharmacies in Australia do not specify a Pharmacy Assistant/ Pharmacy Supervisor/ or Departmental Manager according to the Pharmaceutical Award).

I am planning to write a 'Statutory Declaration' which lists out my duties, reason of absent of these information on LOE, and my store manager contact details for verbal references. I am also going to attach my income statements.

Do you think it would be good enough for proving my work experience?

Thank guys!

Jason