+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience letter Issue from current employer; previous work experience letters all set

giants

Sep 20, 2017
Hi - I got the ITA couple of months back and the deadline to submit documents is soon approaching. I am having issue getting work experience letter from my current employer as I have a feeling if I ask them for the letter, it might create problem. Also, I am very much aware that my current employer won't give the letter in the required format as requested by CIC as it's a very big firm and everything they follow is per the company's policies. I have a total of 7.5 years of experience. I have gotten the work experience letters for the past 6 years from my previous employers stating everything per the CIC norm (job duties, responsibilities, salary, company name/address/phone # etc.) but I am very skeptical in getting anything from the current employer - yes, I do have offer letter, pay stubs, income tax statements etc. Can I submit all the documentation and in lieu of the current work experience letter, is there anything I can support it with?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assuming you do not need this work experience to claim CRS points and/or to be eligible under the program you are applying to you should remove it from the work history section and include it only in the personal history section. No proof of employment will be required.

giants

Sep 20, 2017
Assuming you do not need this work experience to claim CRS points and/or to be eligible under the program you are applying to you should remove it from the work history section and include it only in the personal history section. No proof of employment will be required.
I have already stated my current employer in the application and I have the invitation. Is it still possible to remove this employer, which is my current employer, even though I have received the invitation?

giants

Sep 20, 2017
Yes, assuming what I stated above is the case.
ok so even if I show 6 years of work experience in field X, the number of points will still be the same even if showed 7.5 years of work experience in field X? Can you please tell me after how many years of work experience in a similar field the number of points get plateaued, after 4 years or 5 years or 6 years and doesn't as you already have attained the max out 50 pts.?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

giants

Sep 20, 2017
Hi- I have quick question as I am trying to pull the strings together in making sure that I submit everything appropriately before the Jan 3, 2018 deadline date for application/documentation submission. Here is the question and if someone can advise me quick it will be highly appreciated:

While applying for Canada immigration, I had put the employer name but inadvertently did not include "Inc." which is also a part of the employer name (Employer actual name is " ABC Inc."; however, while applying for the Canadian Immigration I had put the employer name as "ABC" in the application form. Now I have the work experience for this letter with job duties, should I put the reason as to why I forgot to include "Inc" with my employer name in the Letter of Explanation (LoE).