Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
Hi Guys,

I'm helping some friends apply for PR through CEC and the process seems to have slightly changed since I applied in 2017. When I applied, you only needed letters from work experience you're claiming points for, not each and every job you've ever had since you were 18 - however - the cic website isn't clear whether you need one for every job since 18 or just the ones you're claiming points for.

Similarly, when I applied, you didn't need to get a Canadian police check. I'm fairly confident you still don't, based on the CIC website but wanted to check.

Thanks in advance!

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hi Guys,

I'm helping some friends apply for PR through CEC and the process seems to have slightly changed since I applied in 2017. When I applied, you only needed letters from work experience you're claiming points for, not each and every job you've ever had since you were 18 - however - the cic website isn't clear whether you need one for every job since 18 or just the ones you're claiming points for.

Similarly, when I applied, you didn't need to get a Canadian police check. I'm fairly confident you still don't, based on the CIC website but wanted to check.

Thanks in advance!
I am not an immigration consultant.

That said, here's what I understand:
  • You must provide work experience letters if you claim points for those jobs by listing them under "Work Experience". If you list them under "Personal History" instead, you don't need letters.
  • You don't need to get a Canadian police check unless they ask you to get one. You will probably need one if you've left Canada at any point in your temporary residence here.
Hope this helps!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

True, they do confuse : ) But on the profile you only need to include the work experience for which you will earn points, and for that you need Letters of Employment and other employment records.

Everything else can be declared later in the personal history (if your friends get an ITA).

No, PCCs from Canada are not required up front with the application. They are sometimes requested later.

maulin_patel

Apr 9, 2015
Hello applicants I want your suggestion

I appled for Pr on January 18 in cec 1 year experience with 498 points . ITA JAN 22 application submitted feb 14
Feb 28 - completed Wes not submitted incomplete application . Though I have submitted both Wes course by course and immigration Wes in application.

2 months dental technician - job letter pay stub no t4( employer did not provide) oct - mob 2017

10 months -march 2019- Jan 2020 food service supervisor - job letter t4 and pay stub

1 year foreign work experience -dentist - joining letter and salary certificate

I want your opinion while applying again for profile creation I want to claim points for

1 year experience as food supervisor as I complete 1 year now in feb 28 2020 . I don’t need 2 months experience as dental technician .

My question is for new profile can I apply with one noc food supervisor instead of 2 noc which I applied in January 18 . OR I must apply with both noc I applied on last draw.

And another question is for foreign work experience detailed job duties letter is mandatory ? I have appointment letter and salary certificate .

What number did you put for Wes number ending with IMM OR REFERENCE NUMBER

Your opinion is important to me .
Please give your opinion

Thanks in advance .

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hello applicants I want your suggestion

I appled for Pr on January 18 in cec 1 year experience with 498 points . ITA JAN 22 application submitted feb 14
Feb 28 - completed Wes not submitted incomplete application . Though I have submitted both Wes course by course and immigration Wes in application.

2 months dental technician - job letter pay stub no t4( employer did not provide) oct - mob 2017

10 months -march 2019- Jan 2020 food service supervisor - job letter t4 and pay stub

1 year foreign work experience -dentist - joining letter and salary certificate

I want your opinion while applying again for profile creation I want to claim points for

1 year experience as food supervisor as I complete 1 year now in feb 28 2020 . I don’t need 2 months experience as dental technician .

My question is for new profile can I apply with one noc food supervisor instead of 2 noc which I applied in January 18 . OR I must apply with both noc I applied on last draw.

And another question is for foreign work experience detailed job duties letter is mandatory ? I have appointment letter and salary certificate .

What number did you put for Wes number ending with IMM OR REFERENCE NUMBER

Your opinion is important to me .
Please give your opinion

Thanks in advance .
  1. If you are claiming points for your foreign work experience you need to show a letter.
    • You do not need to show a letter if you list the experience under Personal History (so you don't claim points for it)
  2. You can list your Dental Tech experience under Personal History so you don't claim any points for it, that way you only need to show proof of NOC for Food Service Supervisor.
    • Note: Just make sure you still list all this experience under Personal History.
  3. For WES, you only need to show the Immigration-specific one. The reference number to give to IRCC is the IMM number.
Hope this helps and good luck!

Reactions: jes_ON