+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience in Application as a Freelancer

vivek57

Feb 26, 2018
Hello guys, so in past 5 years I have always worked as freelancer working from home. Disregarding the small clients, I have worked for 2 big clients so I was thinking to just mentioned those 2.

The first one I have worked for 3 years straight. I was on fixed monthly pay with him and required 40 hrs per week to work.

The second one is 2+ ongoing. The pay is hourly and requires 20-30 hrs per week.

I have experience letters from both of them. Now my question, do I mention both of them as self-employed? do I mention only the 2nd one as self employed? And besides the letter what else should i provide for proof in such case.

Thank You
Vivek

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello guys, so in past 5 years I have always worked as freelancer working from home. Disregarding the small clients, I have worked for 2 big clients so I was thinking to just mentioned those 2.

The first one I have worked for 3 years straight. I was on fixed monthly pay with him and required 40 hrs per week to work.

The second one is 2+ ongoing. The pay is hourly and requires 20-30 hrs per week.

I have experience letters from both of them. Now my question, do I mention both of them as self-employed? do I mention only the 2nd one as self employed? And besides the letter what else should i provide for proof in such case.

Thank You
Vivek
There are specific document requirement for self employed
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

vivek57

Feb 26, 2018
There are specific document requirement for self employed
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Hi, ty for response, but I am not sure if i should classify them as self employed/freelancer, I imagine the 2nd one would be that, but since first one was like a fixed salary shall I mention it as self employed or job.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi, ty for response, but I am not sure if i should classify them as self employed/freelancer, I imagine the 2nd one would be that, but since first one was like a fixed salary shall I mention it as self employed or job.
Was it a full time minimum 30 hours a week work?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
yes 40 hours a week minimum
there are remote jobs available but would that person give you a declaration you were their employee? That's the thing because if that's how you were you can't consider it self employed.

vivek57

Feb 26, 2018
there are remote jobs available but would that person give you a declaration you were their employee? That's the thing because if that's how you were you can't consider it self employed.
Hi, I have the letter from that person, can I share it with you on personal message?