+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience hours worked

smiley_jeu

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Hello all,

I have been working almost 2 years on April 26th with X company but my guarantee hours are 28 per week but I get usually 30 and up and I made in 2 years over 3400 hours .(april 26.)

So now my question is do I put part time in EE profile or full time since I have the hours done.

like I said weekly I have minimum 30 and I can prove with the paystub .

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smiley_jeu said:
Hello all,

I have been working almost 2 years on April 26th with X company but my guarantee hours are 28 per week but I get usually 30 and up and I made in 2 years over 3400 hours .(april 26.)

So now my question is do I put part time in EE profile or full time since I have the hours done.

Anything above 30 hours is counted as a week of full time work.

So yes - you can select full time work for this job.

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smiley_jeu said:
Hello all,

Requirement for work experience is:

1) you must have worked for a whole year

1 year= 365 days (Status= Employed)

2) you must have atleast worked 1560 hrs during 1 year of employment

if you have both of these requirements then you have worked full time other wise you were part time for that year!!

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Can.ott said:
Requirement for work experience is:

1) you must have worked for a whole year

1 year= 365 days (Status= Employed)

2) you must have atleast worked 1560 hrs during 1 year of employment

if you have both of these requirements then you have worked full time other wise you were part time for that year!!
What if you worked 80 hours a week for six months and took 6 months off ? How do you fit that scenario into above mentioned requirement?

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
As long as your reference letter mentions you full time, and your earnings match up the stated wage and hours worked, you are considered working as full time I believe.

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
What if you worked 80 hours a week for six months and took 6 months off ? How do you fit that scenario into above mentioned requirement?
like i said both of these conditions should strictly match and should be mentioned in your reference letter by your employer.

"you worked 80 hours for 6 months and took 6 months off"

if your employer wrote this in your reference letter you have high chances of getting rejected.

so with respect to your reference letter the above two conditions must meet.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
If you worked 60 hours one week and 20 hours the next week, you pay stub would still be for 80 hours worked in two weeks. Now have you worked full time two weeks or one full time week and one part time week ?

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
There is no way to prove this. So I believe if your reference letter mentions you as working full time and your total earnings match up to stated wage X weekly hours mentioned on letter, you will be considered full time. 1560 hours is general requirement for information purposes I guess

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
There is no way to prove this. So I believe if your reference letter mentions you as working full time and your total earnings match up to stated wage X weekly hours mentioned on letter, you will be considered full time. 1560 hours is general requirement for information purposes I guess
The point i am trying to make here is that if your reference letter does not satisfy both of these conditions you will get rejected.
you are just confusing things.

In the reference letter you are required to mention the dates you worked for the employer and just saying full time does not satisfy the hours worked criteria they should sum up to 1560. CIC never mentions any thing for information purpose only.
no where did i say any thing other than that these points should be clear by your reference letter.

you are right if some one is working for 20 hrs one week and 40 for the other week he is full time but till the end of year they should sum up to 1560 hrs/ year and he/she should have a employed status not vacation. CIC is very strict with reference letter requirements. if you have confusion you can check out the reasons of rejection topic people did got rejected because of this requirement. you may consult seniors in the group as well.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
My reference letter mentioned me as full time employee, working on average 37.5 hours every week. My job was from October 2014 till present date. I took 6 weeks unpaid leave in 2015 for urgent family situation. Also there were 2 or 3weeks here and there during my job when I was sick and worked less hours. but my reference letter doesnt mentioned any of this. I have submitted my reference letter and 6 months pay stubs. Should I be worried? Coz I am not sure or I would say can't remember which weeks I worked less hours. I have lost few old pay stubs too. Would they ask me for all pay stubs to prove full time working weeks?

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
My reference letter mentioned me as full time employee, working on average 37.5 hours every week. My job was from October 2014 till present date. I took 6 weeks unpaid leave in 2015 for urgent family situation. Also there were 2 or 3weeks here and there during my job when I was sick and worked less hours. but my reference letter doesnt mentioned any of this. I have submitted my reference letter and 6 months pay stubs. Should I be worried? Coz I am not sure or I would say can't remember which weeks I worked less hours. I have lost few old pay stubs too. Would they ask me for all pay stubs to prove full time working weeks?
No you are fine. when your employer wrote in the letter that you worked from xxxx to xxxx date with 37.5 hrs/week means you were continuously employed for that period. so you did satisfy both of these conditions

365 days employed and worked more then 1560 hrs/year.

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Thanks. That was my confusion. My reference letter only mentions me as working full time since Oct 2014 till present day. It doesn't mentioned my 6 weeks off from work and 2,3 weeks part time work here and there. I was worried coz this whole full time work week was not clear to me. I am 100% sure that I have worked full time for at least 60 weeks since starting my job but I never really counted my weeks so precisely.

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RegularGuy said:
Thanks. That was my confusion. My reference letter only mentions me as working full time since Oct 2014 till present day. It doesn't mentioned my 6 weeks off from work and 2,3 weeks part time work here and there. I was worried coz this whole full time work week was not clear to me. I am 100% sure that I have worked full time for at least 60 weeks since starting my job but I never really counted my weeks so precisely.
yeah you are fine. employment reference letter can be a real pain..wanna share your time line?

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
ITA Feb 10,
Submission March 3
Aor March 3
Review of eligibility in progress
Medical passed March 8
BGC in progress March 13
Nothing after that.