+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience - Help Needed...

psehgal

Oct 12, 2017
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hi, I have my ECA and IELTS ready, but have a few doubts about how to enter my Work Experience into the EE profile - so any help would be appreciated as it would enable me to finally submit my application:

1. I have 9 years of full-time experience in 4 IT related jobs between 1997 and 2008 (NOC's: 1 year of 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants, 6 years of 2172 - Database Analysts and Data Administrators, 0.5 and 1.5 years of 0213 - Computer and Information Systems Managers), out of which only the last 13 months fall inside the 10-year limit. Do I need to enter all of these jobs and arrange their reference letters, or only the last one would be enough since only that one falls within the time limit?

2. In the last year of my IT job in 2007-08, I also opened up a restaurant along with my brother, where the work was over 40 hours a week if you include the weekends. Would that qualify as an additional 14 months of experience (NOC: 0631 - Restaurant and Food Service Managers)?

3. Now comes the tricky part - 9 years ago, I made a career switch and became a Film Maker. Much of my initial work was freelance (NOC: 5131 - Producers, Directors, Choreographers and Related Occupations), although a few years later I opened up a production house which I was managing myself (NOC: 0512 - Managers - Publishing, Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and Performing Arts) and I continued to do projects through my company as well as in freelance mode. How exactly do I enter all this experience?

4. Finally, even though the majority of my recent experience has been in Film Making, can I (or should I) still assign my Primary Occupation NOC as 0213 - Computer and Information Systems Managers?

Thanks in advance!