+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience gap from last 5 years

Braman

Feb 6, 2020
Hi

I want to apply for BC PNP tech pilot in NOC 2032. But my work experience in NOC 2032 is till 2015. After that my experience is in IT field (2015 - current).

Can I apply in BC PNP tech pilot programme with the gap of last 5 years in my field. Rest all eligibilitoes I have passed.

I have my study in Mechanical engg.

Thanks

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Doesn't your IT experience qualify you for the Tech Pilot?
Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a time limit for how far in the past you acquired your experience. The guide doesn't specify when the experience must have been acquired. The normal range is within the past 10 years. This is what the guide says:

1) minimum two years of directly related full-time (or full-time equivalent) work experience in the skilled occupation that has been offered to you, and, if applicable, the credentials and qualification requirements of the position

The position you have been offered must be classified as Skill Type 0, Skill level A or B in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). These positions normally require post-secondary education and training. For more information about the NOC and how it works, please visit this section.

The BC PNP defines directly related work experience as paid employment that is classified under the same NOC code as the B.C. job offer that you have accepted. Experience in a related occupation at a NOC skill level equal to or greater than the NOC code of the B.C. job offer may also be included if, at the time of application, you can satisfactorily demonstrate how this work experience is directly related.

Again, no mention of when the experience must have been acquired.