+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience gained partially through off campus work permit

T8536

Apr 30, 2014
Hello

I have a concern in regards to pr application under the cec. I applied already and my application was received by March 24th. I got my file number as well.i just got to know on the cec website, that we should have gained the whole one year experience through the PGWP. I started working at my current job since february 2013 with my off campus work permit and got my PGWP on the 10th of april 2013. I applied for cec on the 24th of march 2014.
Its clear that iv worked for around 40 days under the off campus work permit.
Im just wondering if anyone is under the same situation as mine and whether they have been contacted by cec yet.
Note: i got my file number already.
Is there usually a case of rejection for this particular situation?
Ideas are really appreciated. I understand we should be patient, i just wanted sone information still.
Thank you

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
T8536 said:
Hello

I have a concern in regards to pr application under the cec. I applied already and my application was received by March 24th. I got my file number as well.i just got to know on the cec website, that we should have gained the whole one year experience through the PGWP. I started working at my current job since february 2013 with my off campus work permit and got my PGWP on the 10th of april 2013. I applied for cec on the 24th of march 2014.
Im just wondering if anyone is under the same situation as mine and whether they have been contacted by cec yet.
Ideas are really appreciated. I understand we should be patient, i just wanted sone information still.
Thank you
I have same situation.
I graduated on 14 December, 2012 (Specifically mentioned on Graduation Certificate) I started working on 24th December full-time on OCWP. I got my PGWP on March 27, 2013. So the work I did will be taken into consideration as I graduated on 14 December, 2012 (OP25a says you experience is not taken into consideration if you were full-time student).So in your case if you can prove that you graduated before your start date then you don't have to worry about anything. Hope this helps.

T8536

Apr 30, 2014
Thanks for the ideas.
I actually graduated dec 2012 and its dated on my transcript and certificate as well. And i started working feb 2013. Im guessing it should be counted. I will probably email cic and ask more in regards to this situation.
The question us that its not quite clear on the website, whether its only while you are in school and was working under off campus work permit which will not be counted or working after grad under the OCWP could be counted until you get your PGWP.
If i may ask, did you get any confirmation or reply yet from cec, as i already got my file number.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
T8536 said:
Thanks for the ideas.
I actually graduated dec 2012 and its dated on my transcript and certificate as well. And i started working feb 2013. Im guessing it should be counted. I will probably email cic and ask more in regards to this situation.
The question us that its not quite clear on the website, whether its only while you are in school and was working under off campus work permit which will not be counted or working after grad under the OCWP could be counted until you get your PGWP.
If i may ask, did you get any confirmation or reply yet from cec, as i already got my file number.

OP25a mentions "Any period of employment during which the applicant was engaged in full-time study will
not be included in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., work
experience gained through co-op work permits, off-campus work permits while a full-time
student and on-campus work permits). [R87.1(3)(a)]"

It say PA engaged in full time study will not be included. But we graduated in December 2012. Graduation Certificate and Transcript are proof.

For more information read Page 9 Last paragraph in below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25a-eng.pdf

T8536

Apr 30, 2014
These info are really helpful and lots of details. Thank you.
Did you get your file number yet? If so , how long it took you ?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
T8536 said:
These info are really helpful and lots of details. Thank you.
Did you get your file number yet? If so , how long it took you ?
Yes I received AOR. I got it in 17 days.

T8536

Apr 30, 2014
good!
i guess we should just keep posted with new updates on our application as we are in the same situation and applied around the same time.
i heard that the files are being processed faster now. lets just hope for the best.
best of lucks!

j78wu

Oct 25, 2014
T8536 said:
Hello

Thank you
Just want to ask, have you receive MR? I also used work experience with off campus work permit. Didn't hear anything yet.

Yagerr

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 20 2014
AOR Received.
April 9 2014
Med's Request
Oct. 4th 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 9th 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 10th 2014
as long as you graduated before your experience will be counted.