+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience from a staffing agency

paulm0920

Mar 9, 2020
I am applying to the Federal Skilled Worker class. Will there be any issues if my employer is a staffing agency dealing with global clients?

• The staffing agency sets a fixed work schedule of 40 hours per week
  • Unlike most staffing agencies, this one has access and records to my time attendance and my work duties and responsibilities to the client
  • The pay is done monthly
  • The HR for the staffing agency is able to provide all details requested by IRCC including work hours, schedule, duties and responsibilities, compensation details, deduction information, ect..
Since the staffing agency has access to all relevant details of my work, is a reference letter from them enough since they are my official employer or would I have get a reference letter from the client as well?

paulm0920

Mar 9, 2020
If the reference letter you can get from your actual employer complies with all the requirements of IRCC (refer to section "Proof of work experience" on this page), it should be fine.

Having said that, if you can easily get a reference letter from the client in addition (and not as a substitute), it may be a good idea to do that as additional proof. This is more to avoid delays in processing your application in case IRCC ask for this document later.
Thank you for the reply. I already asked them about this but they declined since they mentioned that it is against their policy to write reference letters for non-employees and that the best they could do is forward any relevant information to the agency, so that the agency can use those details. Do you reckon that will be an issue?

paulm0920

Mar 9, 2020
No, I don't think so. Your agency is your employer and should therefore provide the reference letter. It was really just a suggestion to do more than is required, but if you can't get it, don't bother at this stage.
Thank you so much for your suggestions, I really appreciate it. Also, I forgot to mention that the agency that I work for is not really a staffing agency but a professional employer organisation. Meaning unlike staffing agencies where the worker works full time at the client office, I work full time in the actual agency's co-sharing offices.

DesireeSparks

May 11, 2020
Thank you so much for your suggestions, I really appreciate it. Also, I forgot to mcdvoice mention that the agency that I work for is not really a staffing agency but a professional employer organisation. Meaning unlike staffing agencies where the worker works full time at the client office, I work full time in the actual agency's co-sharing offices.
Thank you for sharing article and information. this is very helpful for beginner.

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thank you so much for your suggestions, I really appreciate it. Also, I forgot to mention that the agency that I work for is not really a staffing agency but a professional employer organisation. Meaning unlike staffing agencies where the worker works full time at the client office, I work full time in the actual agency's co-sharing offices.
Hello

I am on the same as you were, need your help in my case. So if i understand correctly you were hired through an agency for their client so obviously you had enter agency name as your employer name in express under but what address did you put under express entry ? is it Agency address or your working office location ?

Also which address did you mentioned under your reference letter, did you mentioned that you were working for this agency for their client at so and so location ?

Thanks in advance.

sidcome

Jul 28, 2020
Hello

I am on the same as you were, need your help in my case. So if i understand correctly you were hired through an agency for their client so obviously you had enter agency name as your employer name in express under but what address did you put under express entry ? is it Agency address or your working office location ?

Also which address did you mentioned under your reference letter, did you mentioned that you were working for this agency for their client at so and so location ?

Thanks in advance.
hey man did you end up getting your pr? did you only submit the agency letter or did you get it from the company you worked for too?
please let me know.

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Client address just you need to state your working in Canada at this location and make sure submit T4 and paystub which can be the proof of your work location

sidcome

Jul 28, 2020
Client address just you need to state your working in Canada at this location and make sure submit T4 and paystub which can be the proof of your work location
thanks for the info! regarding pay Stubbs my staffing agency is the one that pays me, but on the pay stubbs there is no address of the client or the staffing agency, would that be a problem?