+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience for express entry

Pia230

Dec 1, 2018
Hey guys... I dnt have one year full time experience but i have three years of continues part time experience does that count as 1 year and 3 months continues job experience??

Joedino25

Dec 2, 2018
Good day to you guys.
Please I am new on this platform and I am interested in applying for express entry for skilled worker.
Will appreciate if I can have a guide on how to apply .
Starting from first step to the last.
Tanx.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey guys... I dnt have one year full time experience but i have three years of continues part time experience does that count as 1 year and 3 months continues job experience??
Depends on how many hours per week you've worked.
Remember, 1year on full time=1560h at 30 hours per week. That's the base of calculation.

So, if it's for example 15h per week, and worked for 3 years, that's 780hx3=2340h.
2340/1560=1.5years. Will be recognised as 1 year only.

Another example is if you've worked 20h per week, and worked for 3 years, that's 1040hx3=3120h.
3120/1560=2. So you'll be able to claim two years.

Do the math with whichever work volume you have per week, and you'll know.

Reactions: Pia230

wajihak

Dec 2, 2018
Hello everyone!

I am in the process of applying for express entry and my work history is confusing to me, I’m not sure what to declare and what not to declare.

My background is as follows

1) NOC A job for one year (I’m not submitting this because the employer has refused to issue a letter reference and is very unreliable)
2) NOC B job for 10 months (different NOC from 1st job)
3) current job - NOC A for last 20 months

My questions are:

1) Whether I should bother including the second job for the purposes of the ITA as it’s not 12 months?

2) is it bad for my application that I technically only have one year work experience? Does that matter as long as I’m meeting the cutoff point?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello everyone!

I am in the process of applying for express entry and my work history is confusing to me, I’m not sure what to declare and what not to declare.

My background is as follows

1) NOC A job for one year (I’m not submitting this because the employer has refused to issue a letter reference and is very unreliable)
2) NOC B job for 10 months (different NOC from 1st job)
3) current job - NOC A for last 20 months

My questions are:

1) Whether I should bother including the second job for the purposes of the ITA as it’s not 12 months?

2) is it bad for my application that I technically only have one year work experience? Does that matter as long as I’m meeting the cutoff point?
1) Mention (3) and (2), as that will amount to 3 years of work experience for Express Entry, and earn you maximum CRS points for work XP.
It's okay that it's not 12 months, as that requirement is only for minimum eligibility criteria. As long as you satisfy the 1 year continuous in one NOC requirement, you can add up any work experience towards your point count.
2) Doesn't matter, as long as you're above the cut-off score and the job meets eligibility critera. It would just give you less points for eligibility and CRS. But you won't have 1 year, you'll have 3 years if you include job (3) and (2).

Last edited: