+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience enough to be eligible for FSW?

frogtrainer

Feb 3, 2019
Hi,

I am trying to figure out if my work history is enough to pass the minimum requirement of skilled work experience to apply for EE under FSWP.

I worked in a "social and community service worker" position (category B NOC) for about 20 months continuously, but first 10 months I worked part time (24 hours a week for 10 months ~960 hours) and the second 10 months I worked full time (40 hours a week for 10 months ~1600 hours).

Would this meet the minimum work experience requirement?
(Because it is not 1 year full time, nor it is 2 years part time, but it is a combination of these two with enough hours.)

I'd really appreciate any opinions on this.

frogtrainer

Feb 3, 2019
I have one more question if you have little more time. I really appreciated your quick response.

As I mentioned, I worked for 20 months. It was for the same mental health company. However my job titles and duties changed in the middle after the first 10 months. I worked
  • First 10 months as a recreational therapist,
  • Last 10 months as a therapist(clinical psychologist).
I considered both these positions under NOC 4212 (Social and community service workers, skill type B), however, admittedly, duties of my first title are also quite similar to those of NOC 3144 (Other professional occupations in therapy and assessment, skill type A) and duties of my second title are most similar to NOC 4151 (Psychologists, skill type A). But I can still argue the main duties of both of these jobs are fairly similar to those of NOC 4212.

I am wondering if IRCC shows an extent of flexibility in the cases like mine. Do you think my claim that two positions I held are under the same NOC is acceptable by IRCC?

Much appreciated.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
To be eligible under FSW, you need to have at least one year of continuous experience under one primary NOC. If you jobs belong to different NOCs then you don't qualify. It's entirely up to you to decide which NOCs would be most appropriate and IRCC will examine your documents accordingly.
Sorry I'm not familiar with your line of work so can't really provide good advises on specifically which NOC you should use.

Reactions: frogtrainer

frogtrainer

Feb 3, 2019
To be eligible under FSW, you need to have at least one year of continuous experience under one primary NOC. If you jobs belong to different NOCs then you don't qualify. It's entirely up to you to decide which NOCs would be most appropriate and IRCC will examine your documents accordingly.
Sorry I'm not familiar with your line of work so can't really provide good advises on specifically which NOC you should use.
Alright, thank you.

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
Hi,

I am trying to figure out if my work history is enough to pass the minimum requirement of skilled work experience to apply for EE under FSWP.

I worked in a "social and community service worker" position (category B NOC) for about 20 months continuously, but first 10 months I worked part time (24 hours a week for 10 months ~960 hours) and the second 10 months I worked full time (40 hours a week for 10 months ~1600 hours).

Would this meet the minimum work experience requirement?
(Because it is not 1 year full time, nor it is 2 years part time, but it is a combination of these two with enough hours.)

I'd really appreciate any opinions on this.
hi am in similar situation. can you please share your experience ? did you applied? if it is do IRCC consider such combination of work?

thank you so much