+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience, documents checked by Border Service!?!

grethere

Apr 10, 2017
Hi, guys!

I was wondering if the Canadian Border Service will check your documents once you're arrived at the airport? I can imagine they will ask for Port Of Entry Letter and I know that you're supposed to need those documents but will they actually ask to see your funds, travel insurance et cetera? I have couple of friends whose documents weren't checked but thought I'll ask around about others experience.

Many thanks,

Grethe

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grethere said:
Hi, guys!

I was wondering if the Canadian Border Service will check your documents once you're arrived at the airport? I can imagine they will ask for Port Of Entry Letter and I know that you're supposed to need those documents but will they actually ask to see your funds, travel insurance et cetera? I have couple of friends whose documents weren't checked but thought I'll ask around about others experience.

Many thanks,

Grethe
Which category of work permit?

If it is listed as a condition to issue your permit, they absolutely can ask for it. Many people don't get asked, but why risk being the one person that they do? Be prepared to show all documents just in case.

grethere

Apr 10, 2017
ozlis said:
Which category of work permit?

If it is listed as a condition to issue your permit, they absolutely can ask for it. Many people don't get asked, but why risk being the one person that they do? Be prepared to show all documents just in case.
Hey,

Thanks for your quick reply!

It's the classic one, International Experience Canada travel and work visa.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grethere said:
Hey,

Thanks for your quick reply!

It's the classic one, International Experience Canada travel and work visa.
Then yes, I highly recommend having everything ready to hand over. 90% of the time you won't be checked but I have seen more people getting issued permits to the expiry of their health insurance lately.

grethere

Apr 10, 2017
ozlis said:
Then yes, I highly recommend having everything ready to hand over. 90% of the time you won't be checked but I have seen more people getting issued permits to the expiry of their health insurance lately.
Cheers, much appreciated!

klein

Oct 6, 2009
I've gotten 2 work permits... one approved through the Consulate, one applied for at POE, both times I was asked to hand over proof of education/work experience. Bring it just in case, it can't hurt. if they don't ask for it, oh well... better to have it on you just in case :)

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
Yeah the CBSA Border Officer will check your documents upon arrival such as your Port of Entry, Passport, Health Insurance and what ever other documents are needed.