+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Consideration for CEC Express Entry

roughboyimran

Aug 9, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am in a bit of confusion here and would like some advice from someone who has known or experienced a similar situation.
I am applying for Express entry under CEC. Let's assume I start working on July 22nd, 2020, and end working on October 09th, 2021. Under the work experience, IRCC only has month and year columns to be filled.
Please help me understand what would be the right way to list the timeline of my work experience?
August 2020 - September 2021? or
July 2020 - October 2021?

Can anyone guide me on what would be the proper format? My experience letter states the exact dates I start and end my employment.
I know I have a full year of experience but I am claiming points for more than 1 year and just wanted to know what would be the correct way to list this experience.

Thank you all in advance :)

tomtom104

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
Eventually they will base on your letter of employment to calculate your hours. I read somewhere in this forum, someone posted that ircc will be calculating all the way to your real hours when they work on your application (sorry I couldn't find that thread again, hopefully I can bump into it and post here).
For opening the EE profile, I would state the exact months when we started and quit.

roughboyimran

Aug 9, 2017
Eventually they will base on your letter of employment to calculate your hours. I read somewhere in this forum, someone posted that ircc will be calculating all the way to your real hours when they work on your application (sorry I couldn't find that thread again, hopefully I can bump into it and post here).
For opening the EE profile, I would state the exact months when we started and quit.
Thank you for your reply Tom!