+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience Confusion

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have confusion regarding work history section in Express entry profile. I started working at new company recently after working for 2 years in my previous company. I have reference letter from previous company for proof but I will not get any letter from new company since I am still on probation period. My question is should I provide details about new company in my EE profile under work history or should I avoid that since I am not getting any points.?

So far I have got two different views about this question

1. Not to include in work history for EE profile but to show that under personal history after ITA.
2. Not to hide any details in EE profile and it should be kept up to date as much as possible.

Please provide your feedbacks and suggest which is the best option to take.

Thanks In advance

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
simplynd2804 said:
I started working at new company recently after working for 2 years in my previous company. ... I will not get any letter from new company since I am still on probation period. My question is should I provide details about new company in my EE profile under work history or should I avoid that since I am not getting any points.?
Based on the info you provided, it actually does not matter either way, since including it vs not including it will not have any impact on your score (until you have been there long enough to complete another year of work experience).

But quick question - you say 2 years at your previous company - can you be more precise? Exactly 2 years? A little more than 2 years? A little less than 2 years? that does matter.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Based on the info you provided, it actually does not matter either way, since including it vs not including it will not have any impact on your score (until you have been there long enough to complete another year of work experience).

But quick question - you say 2 years at your previous company - can you be more precise? Exactly 2 years? A little more than 2 years? A little less than 2 years? that does matter.
Little more than 2 years. 2 year 3month to be excat. And I know new job have no impact but I still have to declare that somewhere otherwise it implies that I am currently unemployed.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
simplynd2804 said:
Little more than 2 years. 2 year 3month to be excat. And I know new job have no impact but I still have to declare that somewhere otherwise it implies that I am currently unemployed.
OK, so you are safe with the two years. As stated previously, it will not impact your points. So you can list it (if you do, you will be asked for a Letter of Reference, and you can provide a Letter of Explanation of why you do not have the Letter of Reference).

Or you can omit it. Later, if you get the ITA and have to complete all the forms, you can list it in your employment history.

BTW - it does not matter if you are unemployed. Being currently employed is not one of the criteria.

flyflysophia11

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
30-03- 2017
Passport Req..
11-08-2017
jes_ON said:
OK, so you are safe with the two years. As stated previously, it will not impact your points. So you can list it (if you do, you will be asked for a Letter of Reference, and you can provide a Letter of Explanation of why you do not have the Letter of Reference).

Or you can omit it. Later, if you get the ITA and have to complete all the forms, you can list it in your employment history.

BTW - it does not matter if you are unemployed. Being currently employed is not one of the criteria.
Hi i left my last job on july 5, 2016. By then i have recahed 3 yrs and 5 days of work exprience. Then i started a new job 18 July, shall i put my new job under work history or personal history? is 3 yrs and 5 days safe enough to count as over 3 yrs experience with max ponts?