Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
Hi everyone,

Study permit - valid till March 2014
Graduation - Dec 2013

Jan 2014 - Started working Full time
Feb 2014 - Received PGWP

My question is, in Express what should I mention the start date for my Job. Should it be Jan 2014 or Feb 2014.

Thanks in advance :)

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
readymade said:
Hi everyone,

Graduation - Dec 2013

Feb 2014 - Received PGWP

My question is, in Express what should I mention the start date for my Job. Should it be Jan 2014 or Feb 2014.

CIC considers your work from the date you were issued PGWP

Manavryk

Aug 8, 2015
your work experience is not based on immigration document. I is based when you actually started working and getting paid. There are questions in Express entry that covers all scenarios. working while studying full time, or working illegally, LMIA based work permit or LMIA-exempt. You should divine all your experiense in a separate gaps that covers different conditions, even if you worked for one company

Manavryk

Aug 8, 2015
Ustaad said:
CIC considers your work from the date you were issued PGWP

this is not completely true. Immigration officers do take into account all working experience, as a subjective ability to become economically established, but the trick is that you cannot claim that "actually working experience", because it will be disrespectful to others who are doing everything by law

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
Manavryk said:
this is not completely true. Immigration officers do take into account all working experience, as a subjective ability to become economically established, but the trick is that you cannot claim that "actually working experience", because it will be disrespectful to others who are doing everything by law
Sorry I am not trying to be rude here. But what do you mean when you say "others are doing everything by law".

After a graduated I still had 3 months left on my study permit and according to the study permit terms when you are not studying you can take full time employment. Thats exactly what I did and after confirming with CIC and the International student centre at my college. In fact this is what most of the international students end up doing after they graduate.

My only question is "what part of the employment is considered work experience. Does it start from the date I received my PGWP or as in my case from the date I started my job?"

Once again I apologize If my remarks hurt anyone

canadasunil

Mar 31, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with appl.
File Transfer...
17-07-2015
Med's Request
Submitted with appl.
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2016
I assume you started getting paid fully from Jan when you started working and not after receiving PGWP. So your work experience starts from Jan 2014. Also you can prove it using your payslip for the month of Jan 2014.

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
Thanks for the input everyone.

I have two more things to clarify.

I quit my first job on 06th July 2014 and started the second job on 13th July 2014.

As you know the express entry form doesn't ask for the exact date you started the job. It only ask for the month and the year.

Second, I went out of the country for 2 weeks.

How does these two situations affect my work experience?

Once again thank you for all the inputs

Manavryk

Aug 8, 2015
readymade said:
Thanks for the input everyone.

I have two more things to clarify.

I quit my first job on 06th July 2014 and started the second job on 13th July 2014.

As you know the express entry form doesn't ask for the exact date you started the job. It only ask for the month and the year.

Second, I went out of the country for 2 weeks.

How does these two situations affect my work experience?
Is your position on a 1-st job the same as on 2-nd?
If yes, put both as a separate gaps of work.

If only one job qualify under PR program, include only one in EE profile, all the other work experience you can put under personal history in E-APR application. Otherwise, system will automatically generate unnecessary documents you must submit, what will make a confusion.

No, leaving a country doesn't affect eligibility at all, unless you was laid off or fired. You only will have to include it in your travel history your travel history

Once again thank you for all the inputs

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
readymade said:
Hi everyone,

Graduation - Dec 2013

Feb 2014 - Received PGWP

Your case is similar to mine. I have mentioned start date from Jan 2014. However to support my claim I showed the tax forms. Since we were in implied status until we got our work permit. There is nothing illegal in it.

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
The day when you actually started working.....