+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience confusion - Please help

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

So I am working at a company in Toronto for almost 2 years now, I started my job as junior developer and My job title says Junior Software developer, recently They decided to promote me to Senior developer and job title will be senior software developer. So my question is should I enter two different work experience under work experience section in Express entry or should I just enter one experience as senior software developer and mention start date as the date When I joined and not the date when I am getting promoted.

Thank you In advance guys, looks a simple question but I just want some clarification and not take any chance.

alimzlm

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
You should enter two work experiences, junior (from -to) and senior ( from -till now).
Ensure that the experience certificate dates which to be provided by your employer is matching the dates you are entering

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's a problem I need to solve actually because I think I will only get one experience letter. If some how I convince my employer to put details about both position in one letter should that be enough.?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
simplynd2804 said:
That's a problem I need to solve actually because I think I will only get one experience letter. If some how I convince my employer to put details about both position in one letter should that be enough.?
Yes, one letter is fine, ensure that it has details with regard to all the positions held along with duties and responsibilities of each position and other relevant details as mentioned here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp.