+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience clarification

Kennyaldora

Feb 8, 2018
Hi, I have completed my schoolings in 2005. Got 2 year program in electronics and 1 year program in automation offered by Canadian college but in Indian campus. Both not approved in India. Then did Bachelors through correspondence and then in that period got wotk exp in NOC skill A for the complete three years. Then completed my Post Graduate Diploma and it is AICTE approved and later got NOC C skilled experience for 2 years with a year break in between. Then after an year of another break currently working in NOC A job for about an year.. how will be my crs calculated? Whether any of my job experience will be excluded and how many years of experience I can actually claim when applying through express entry.Please help....

Noothan

Apr 23, 2018
Hello Team,

I am creating an Express entry profile . I have 5.6 years of work experiences.
I came across this question,
"In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation. "

I have the following options,
  1. 4 to 5 years
  2. 6 or more
Am confused which option do i need to select?, Do i have to say 1st(4 to 5 years) or 2nd (6 or more). As i fall in between these two options. Please guide me. Appreciate your time and advise. thanks

Jun 30, 2019
Hi, I am calculating my CRS score using this tool on the CIC website.
We have two questions related to one's work experience one of which, is about work experience in CANADA and the other is TOTAL work experience.

I'm an Indian.
I do not have any work experience in Canada. I've been working for a Multinational Company for 6 years of which, 5 Years has been from India and 1 year from UK (which is when I got an opportunity to work from the client location). All of these 6 years has been paid and on a full time position.

So based on this, I could answer the first question however, can someone confirm how should I be answering the second question please?

In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?

Does this refer only to FOREIGN work experience (only UK i.e 1 year) OR all work experience INCLUDING experience in India ( i.e 5+1 = 6 Years) ?

Thanks in advance.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hi, I am calculating my CRS score using this tool on the CIC website.
We have two questions related to one's work experience one of which, is about work experience in CANADA and the other is TOTAL work experience.

I'm an Indian.
I do not have any work experience in Canada. I've been working for a Multinational Company for 6 years of which, 5 Years has been from India and 1 year from UK (which is when I got an opportunity to work from the client location). All of these 6 years has been paid and on a full time position.

So based on this, I could answer the first question however, can someone confirm how should I be answering the second question please?

In the last 10 years, how many total years of foreign skilled work experience do you have?

Does this refer only to FOREIGN work experience (only UK i.e 1 year) OR all work experience INCLUDING experience in India ( i.e 5+1 = 6 Years) ?

Thanks in advance.
You can put Canadian work exp as you don't have it.

You can only use 3 years or more exp irrespective how much non canadian exp you have

Reactions: ShreyansChuttar
Feb 23, 2023
Hello,

My scenario is like
I have 5 years 11 months of foreign experience in One organization and 1 year 4 months of foreign experience in another organization (Started without break)
After that I came for studies in canada.
Now I am working again and its been 8 months.(canadian experience)

Do I need to mention Canadian experience or foreign experience here for the above thread.

Many Thanks,
SM