Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2014
Doc's Request.
23th October 2014 (CC Charge)
Currently, i am creating profile for Express entry. I possess 5 years of work experiences. I can say NOC is same for 5 years but i have worked under 3 different companies. I have doubt in filling answers for below question in eligibility assessment

"In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation. "

Am i need to mention work experiences period under latest employer or total experiences period ? What they meant by saying only one occupation.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
jagan081 said:
Currently, i am creating profile for Express entry. I possess 5 years of work experiences. I can say NOC is same for 5 years but i have worked under 3 different companies. I have doubt in filling answers for below question in eligibility assessment

"In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation. "

Am i need to mention work experiences period under latest employer or total experiences period ? What they meant by saying only one occupation.
The law explicitly states 'one occupation', and you can gain this experience in one occupation from more than one employer. 'Continuous', defined by CIC, means no breaks in between. Even if there is a short break in between, anticipated work right after the short break is okay.

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hello guys ,
I have work experience in Noc 1111 = 2 years and Noc 1112 = 1.5 years ,
can I cunulatively consider that experience for the purpose of "in only occupation" or I have to apply under Noc which has more work ex
your reply will be appreciated
thanks

ashu0729

Mar 14, 2015
Hi Guys ,
I hope some one can help .

My wife is a Bachelors as well as a Masters.
She did her Bachelors in 2007 and after that worked in the Engineering field (textile engineer) for 4 years from 2007 till 2011 .
Post that she pursued her MBA -HR from 2011 - 2013 (2 yrs) and thereafter she has been working for almost 2 yrs 3 months as a Human Resource personnel.

Her total work experience is 6.3 years [4 yrs engineering job + 2.3 years HR job]

I am not sure if we can select Experience > 3 years in the Express Entry profile.
Kindly provide your valuable comments

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
That will be fine. Your wife has at least one year of work experience in one particular NOC job code. After meeting this minimum requirement, you can accumulate work experience together.

ashu0729 said:
Hi Guys ,
I hope some one can help .

My wife is a Bachelors as well as a Masters.
She did her Bachelors in 2007 and after that worked in the Engineering field (textile engineer) for 4 years from 2007 till 2011 .
Post that she pursued her MBA -HR from 2011 - 2013 (2 yrs) and thereafter she has been working for almost 2 yrs 3 months as a Human Resource personnel.

Her total work experience is 6.3 years [4 yrs engineering job + 2.3 years HR job]

I am not sure if we can select Experience > 3 years in the Express Entry profile.
Kindly provide your valuable comments

freebird83

Mar 11, 2016
I presently preparing for my IELTS and wondering if it is really worth it going through the whole express entry process because of a few concerns.

I worked for one year as an 'independent contractor' in a health clinic in Canada from dec 2014 to nov. 2015. Although I was available full time (only 26 hours weekly, not 30), I got paid per services provided/patients treated, not per hour.

Another issue is that my visa/work permit expired in january 2015. I left Canada before that in Nov 2014 so I did not file taxes for that year, but I have copies of all pay slips. I did file for the previous year for which I worked 3 months under similar arrangements but part time.

Advice, anyone?

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
It may be tough for you to prove your work hours. You need clients, for example, to prove that you work enough hours in order to apply for immigration. Can the health clinic prove that?

freebird83 said:
I presently preparing for my IELTS and wondering if it is really worth it going through the whole express entry process because of a few concerns.

I worked for one year as an 'independent contractor' in a health clinic in Canada from dec 2014 to nov. 2015. Although I was available full time (only 26 hours weekly, not 30), I got paid per services provided/patients treated, not per hour.

Another issue is that my visa/work permit expired in january 2015. I left Canada before that in Nov 2014 so I did not file taxes for that year, but I have copies of all pay slips. I did file for the previous year for which I worked 3 months under similar arrangements but part time.

Advice, anyone?

freebird83

Mar 11, 2016
I guess the reference letter can state the hours weekly I was available at the clinic. But that was so varied it's hard to tell an exact figure, so then the misrepresentation issue.

If I apply under FSW and not CEC would it maybe work better as 'part time' work.

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nikhil89 said:
Hello guys ,
I have work experience in Noc 1111 = 2 years and Noc 1112 = 1.5 years ,
can I cunulatively consider that experience for the purpose of "in only occupation" or I have to apply under Noc which has more work ex
your reply will be appreciated
thanks
NOC 1111 can be your prime and then you can include 1112 for the other experience.
the experience must be continuous(no break in employment)

you should provide proper reference letters.

Figure07

Feb 5, 2018
The law explicitly states 'one occupation', and you can gain this experience in one occupation from more than one employer. 'Continuous', defined by CIC, means no breaks in between. Even if there is a short break in between, anticipated work right after the short break is okay.
Hello friend Can you help me out with this...
I have the similar situation. Though I am categorized in the same skill level. However, the NOC is different i.e. 4011 and 4021. Technically, they belong to the same occupation and the organizations are different. Can the total experience of both qualify as an answer to the mentioned question in questionnaire? Please do let me know...

Nshta

Feb 5, 2018
Hi all,

I have been working with my current company since June 2013. The company refuses to give r&r, in the reference letter. A team lead of mine can provide me a reference. But he left the company in Dec 2016. I don't have anyone else in the team, who has stayed on during this entire period. Any suggestions? Is it ok to get a reference letter from him?

Figure07

Feb 5, 2018
Hello Can anyone help me out with this...
I have the similar situation. Though I am categorized in the same skill level. However, the NOC is different i.e. 4011 and 4021. Technically, they belong to the same occupation and the organizations are different. Can the total experience of both qualify as an answer to the mentioned question in questionnaire? Please do let me know...

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello Can anyone help me out with this...
One year continuous experience in one occupation rule is for primary NOC only. You can have multiple NOCs with multiple companies in past 10 years and claim points for maximum 6 years towards 67 eligibility points and maximum 3 years towards crs points but your primary NOC experience must be minimum one year continuous. that means if the applicant has only one year experience but from two different jobs then both the jobs must be same occupation and there cannot be any gap.

Hope you understood. Good Luck!

Reactions: Figure07

Figure07

Feb 5, 2018
One year continuous experience in one occupation rule is for primary NOC only. You can have multiple NOCs with multiple companies in past 10 years and claim points for maximum 6 years towards 67 eligibility points and maximum 3 years towards crs points but your primary NOC experience must be minimum one year continuous. that means if the applicant has only one year experience but from two different jobs then both the jobs must be same occupation and there cannot be any gap.

Hope you understood. Good Luck!
Hey thanks....for clarifying...same NOC two different designations and a considerable amount of experience. I think a total would work out then.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hey thanks....for clarifying...same NOC two different designations and a considerable amount of experience. I think a total would work out then.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Reactions: Figure07