+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience certificate question

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
Greetings,

Can anyone tell me what is the format of a work experience certificate for EE under FSW category?

What needs to be mentioned in it?

Can anyone link me to an example format?

Would appreciate any help

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Reactions: longjohn

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Greetings,

Can anyone tell me what is the format of a work experience certificate for EE under FSW category?

What needs to be mentioned in it?

Can anyone link me to an example format?

Would appreciate any help
There's no specific format but, per IRCC's guidelines, your work experience reference letter needs to include the following:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

Reactions: longjohn

Hridesh13

Jul 19, 2018
Hi,

I have a query regarding work experience certificate.
I have worked as a software engineer in an MNC in India for 3 years and 6 months. I have the appointment letter, confirmation letter and relieving letter. I also have all the pay stubs. Does these documents qualify for work experience proof.
Do I still need to get 'job responsibilities and roles' from my supervisors/managers, it would be difficult as I am not in contact with them and now they are also working in different other organizations.

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
Hi,

I have a query regarding work experience certificate.
I have worked as a software engineer in an MNC in India for 3 years and 6 months. I have the appointment letter, confirmation letter and relieving letter. I also have all the pay stubs. Does these documents qualify for work experience proof.
Do I still need to get 'job responsibilities and roles' from my supervisors/managers, it would be difficult as I am not in contact with them and now they are also working in different other organizations.
Yes, roles and responsibilities are a must. There are alternative ways you can do this if are not in contact with your bosses. I suggest posting a separate thread because your question will be more visible. There are several others who have been in the same situation as you, so they can guide you better. Good luck :)