+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience and Sibling Points

Priya PAtel

Jul 2, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have recently received Canada PR and did my soft landing in September 2019. Since I have some prior commitments back in my home country i will be able to shift in June 2020 only.

I have simultaneously started the EE process for my sibling and her husband and had a few doubts.
- Can she claim my PR points considering I haven't moved entirely yet. I have recd my PR card but don't have documents (lease, income tax return, credit card statements, etc)
- Who should be the primary applicant? My sister is one year younger and has masters education and hence we get more points. However her continuous work experience would be of around 2-3 years and post that it is inconsistent. My brother in law however has a continuous work experience but he is a year older and his education credentials will be two bachelors degree as per WES.

Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I have recently received Canada PR and did my soft landing in September 2019. Since I have some prior commitments back in my home country i will be able to shift in June 2020 only.

I have simultaneously started the EE process for my sibling and her husband and had a few doubts.
- Can she claim my PR points considering I haven't moved entirely yet. I have recd my PR card but don't have documents (lease, income tax return, credit card statements, etc)
- Who should be the primary applicant? My sister is one year younger and has masters education and hence we get more points. However her continuous work experience would be of around 2-3 years and post that it is inconsistent. My brother in law however has a continuous work experience but he is a year older and his education credentials will be two bachelors degree as per WES.

Please advise.
- No. She cannot claim sibling points. She will need to wait until June 2020 when you have shifted to Canada to claim the points.
- They need to calculate their CRS points to determine who should be the primary.