+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK EXPERIANCE CONFUSION ASAP

AntonyK

Jan 11, 2016
Hi,
This situation really confuses me, please if you know the answer let me know ASAP! Thanks

Im taking 3 month non-paid full-time mandatory training course at my employer to get license and be promoted on the full-time commission based position which is qualified for immigration purpose.
Does this 3 month full-time training program can be included into 12 month full-time work record for immigration, or it doesn't count? and if it doesn't, why?

Thanks!!!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
First of all your training should be a paid training. Can be minimum but it should be paid. Unless they are issuing you a certificate or a license. Read more here to know your rights: http://bit.ly/1ZyYPVo
This is almost effective in all the regions.

Secondly I think it all depends on your reference letter. As long as they mention that this 3 months of training was part of your full time job and you got paid for it as a full timer then you are good to go.

Wait for more answers from seniors.

Best of luck,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
AntonyK said:
Hi,
This situation really confuses me, please if you know the answer let me know ASAP! Thanks

Im taking 3 month non-paid full-time mandatory training course at my employer to get license and be promoted on the full-time commission based position which is qualified for immigration purpose.
Does this 3 month full-time training program can be included into 12 month full-time work record for immigration, or it doesn't count? and if it doesn't, why?
If it is not paid, then no, it doesn't count. But I agree with rezafc - this doesn't sound right. "Mandatory" training should be paid.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
jes_ON said:
If it is not paid, then no, it doesn't count. But I agree with rezafc - this doesn't sound right. "Mandatory" training should be paid.
Training to obtain a licence is not considered to be work (if the licence is not specific to the company and therefore would provide advantages in seeking other employments) and therefore employers are not required to pay their employee for that training.

For example if you need a security guard licence and the training is for you to obtain that licence, then they don't have to pay you while you follow the training.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Naheulbeuck said:
Training to obtain a licence is not considered to be work (if the licence is not specific to the company and therefore would provide advantages in seeking other employments) and therefore employers are not required to pay their employee for that training.

For example if you need a security guard licence and the training is for you to obtain that licence, then they don't have to pay you while you follow the training.
Agreed, but then usually a 3rd party is providing the training, not the employer. At least in my experience...