+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK AND STUDY IN CANADA...PLEASE HELP

CodelM

Sep 29, 2007
Hello, i have a situation that i would like to share and see if someone here could give me some advise, i currently live in u.s., i've been living here without legal status since 5 years ago when my visa expired (my home country is Mexico), i would like to live in canada work and study, (If that's possible, would like to get my master degree) but i'm affraid my current situation would affect if i start any immigratrion process, i have 16 years of study, a bachelor's degree in accounting with a major in taxes, and 7 years of experience in accounting, does anyone know if i could qualify and not been affected by my current situation and if i could start any process from u.s.?
Thank You!

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
CodelM said:
Hello, i have a situation that i would like to share and see if someone here could give me some advise, i currently live in u.s., i've been living here without legal status since 5 years ago when my visa expired (my home country is Mexico), i would like to live in canada work and study, (If that's possible, would like to get my master degree) but i'm affraid my current situation would affect if i start any immigratrion process, i have 16 years of study, a bachelor's degree in accounting with a major in taxes, and 7 years of experience in accounting, does anyone know if i could qualify and not been affected by my current situation and if i could start any process from u.s.?
Thank You!
I would suggest to do the self assessment to see whether you qualify. As for being in the US illegal is something between you and the US government and has nothing to do with your application for CA since this is between you and the Canadian government.

jabeen100

Dec 19, 2013
I am from Pakistan and want to start M.A study in canada. Tell me what are the requirements I need to apply for visa?

http://study.result.pk/study-abroad/study-canada/

Arweny

Aug 1, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
CodelM said:
Thank You!
Hi,
On the fsw application, you need to submit proof that you have been "lawfully admitted" to the country you currently live in "for a period of at least one year", e.g. you need to provide a copy of your visa. If you do not, that is likely to be an incomplete application. The checklist says current or expired, so it is possible to submit an expired visa, if it was valid for at least one year. I am not sure how the visa office will take it, when they see it, so I suppose it is up to the officer dealing with your application.