+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work and education history

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the meaning if they say if your need additional space for any of the question , printout an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and submit with your application.

So if I have enough space my for everything except my work history then do I have to still print a separate page and describe my work history and leave other stuff blank.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ROSEASHISH said:
what is the meaning if they say if your need additional space for any of the question , printout an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and submit with your application.

So if I have enough space my for everything except my work history then do I have to still print a separate page and describe my work history and leave other stuff blank.
When there is no space left in the main form and you need to mention extra information in the form then take another blank page, mention the question number and the details, fill in the details and print it.

For example Work and Education History:

Write like the following:

20. WORK AND EDUCATIONAL HISTORY INSIDE AND OUTSIDE CANADA: (Continued....................)

20.WORK AND EDUCATIONAL HISTORY INSIDE AND OUTSIDE CANADA: Your work and educational history for past five (5) years or if you became a permanent resident less than (5) years ago, your work and/or educational history since becoming a permanent resident. If you have not worked or studied, provide your ohter activity history, including location. List ALL your activies in chronological order from the oldest to the most recent.

FROM TO Name of employer or name of educational institution City or town Province Country
(YYYY-MM-DD) (YYYY-MM-DD) attend (do not use abbreviations)

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omg I sent my application today but what I did I printout another page (main page ) and wrote n/a on everything except describing my work and education details. Now I dont if that would work for them ?

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
ROSEASHISH said:
omg I sent my application today but what I did I printout another page (main page ) and wrote n/a on everything except describing my work and education details. Now I dont if that would work for them ?
Hmmm, hard to tell. You haven't done what they've asked of you and CIC are particular about what you complete and send.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah !! I hope they will accept otherwise I will get back my application package and have to resend it to them ...

Hey I put my application , my mom's and my brother''s who is under 18 still in one envelope. I meant I put each application in separate envelope and all three envelope in one big envelope and sent it to them ..is it ok for them or I should have sent it separately for each one ..

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
ROSEASHISH said:
yeah !! I hope they will accept otherwise I will get back my application package and have to resend it to them ...

Hey I put my application , my mom's and my brother''s who is under 18 still in one envelope. I meant I put each application in separate envelope and all three envelope in one big envelope and sent it to them ..is it ok for them or I should have sent it separately for each one ..
I'm sure that'll be fine. As long as you didn't staple/paperclip anything CIC will accept envelopes from the sender.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah I stapled all the pages of my appliaction together with two extra work and education sheet..
I wrote down NA in all section except work and education section in my extra sheets and stapled all those two pages as well in my application.
I don't know if they will accept that.

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
ROSEASHISH said:
yeah I stapled all the pages of my appliaction together with two extra work and education sheet..
I wrote down NA in all section except work and education section in my extra sheets and stapled all those two pages as well in my application.
I don't know if they will accept that.
Yeah you're not supposed to use staples or paperclips, anything metallic basically, it tells you this in the guidance notes. You'll probably have your application returned.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Andynd1uk said:
Yeah you're not supposed to use staples or paperclips, anything metallic basically, it tells you this in the guidance notes. You'll probably have your application returned.
People aren't supposed to use staples because IRCC needs to pull apart and scan every page; staples make that much more work. Paperclips are perfectly fine.

Many people have made the mistake of using staples. IRCC doesn't return apps for this reason.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
canuck_in_uk said:
People aren't supposed to use staples because IRCC needs to pull apart and scan every page; staples make that much more work. Paperclips are perfectly fine.

Many people have made the mistake of using staples. IRCC doesn't return apps for this reason.
I just sent my PR card renewal application last month and used the paper clips for my wife's and mine application packages.
It was not returned back to me and I got my PR cards last week.

So paperclips are ok...They have mentioned in their guide to not use staples in cpl places though.