+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work After Graduation

aacos670

Jan 22, 2016
Subject: Working in Canada

Good Afternoon; I am studying an Advanced Accounting Postgraduate Certificate at Mount Royal University in Calgary - Alberta. This semester will be my last semester and I have a few questions about the After-gradated work permit.

1. My certificated has a duration of 1 year. However, I took 2 years to complete it because some of the subjects that I had to take were requirements to the others, and the university does not offer all the curses that I need to take in 1 year. These are the reasons because it took me 2 years.
2. Can I ask for 2 years of postgraduate work permit?
3. How is the process to apply for it?
4. How long will take it?
5. While I am waiting for the Postgraduate work permit, what will my status? or I have to extend my student visa?

I have my student visa until July 30, 2016. I will graduated in May 2016. I do not know if the process takes longer what can I do.

I really appreciated any advice. :)

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

aacos670 said:

Good Afternoon; I am studying an Advanced Accounting Postgraduate Certificate at Mount Royal University in Calgary - Alberta. This semester will be my last semester and I have a few questions about the After-gradated work permit.

1. My certificated has a duration of 1 year. However, I took 2 years to complete it because some of the subjects that I had to take were requirements to the others, and the university does not offer all the curses that I need to take in 1 year. These are the reasons because it took me 2 years.
5. While I am waiting for the Postgraduate work permit, what will my status? or I have to extend my student visa?

I have my student visa until July 30, 2016. I will graduated in May 2016. I do not know if the process takes longer what can I do.

1&2. Don't hope for a longer PGWP, if you are extending the course. No matter what the excuse is.
3. Apply online http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-how.asp
4. 3 to 4 months for online/paper application.
5. You will have implied status. You don't need to extend study permit while waiting for PGWP.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
aacos670 said:

It is not in your hands to ask for two years of work permit. You can apply for PGWP online and you can start working when you are on implied status. Also, try to find a PR route through pnp or express entry. They are not renewing or extending work permits.