+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

without writing the ILTES exam any one cleared second stage?

bhumika

Apr 9, 2010
Hi All,

Does anyone have cleared the second stage of Canadian immigration without writing ILTES exam. If you what was the process. Can you please help me in this issue.

Thanks,
Bhumika

manek

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After 10 april IELTS is compulsory for non English speaking person.

bhumika

Apr 9, 2010
Hi Manek,

do you have any link which says that ILTES is compulsory for non English psersons? If so can you share that link.

Thanks.

farhaniqbal

Nov 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2009
Doc's Request.
21-01-2010
Med's Request
06-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 on 14-09-2012 and PPR2, 05-10-12, Decision Made on 8-10-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-12
LANDED..........
November 1, 2012 at Calgary
No its not compulsory BUT now they will not give u a second chance.

Earlier people had the option to submit proof of their language proficieny by writing , if VO was not satisfied he gives you a chance to submit other proof of language proficiency (IELTS). but now this option is gone,

if you don't take IELTS and opt for the first option, then if V.O is satisfied no problem, but if he is not satisfied ur application would be rejected, there won't be any second chance.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
bhumika said:
Hi All,

Does anyone have cleared the second stage of Canadian immigration without writing ILTES exam. If you what was the process. Can you please help me in this issue.

Thanks,
Bhumika
Write them a letter with your application explaining how you claim to be proficient in English. You need to be dead sure that you will get the points for English you'r assuming needed to clear the 67 points.

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhaniqbal said:

Earlier people had the option to submit proof of their language proficieny by writing , if VO was not satisfied he gives you a chance to submit other proof of language proficiency (IELTS). but now this option is gone,

if you don't take IELTS and opt for the first option, then if V.O is satisfied no problem, but if he is not satisfied ur application would be rejected, there won't be any second chance.
So basically, we need to submit IELTS once we get the AOR? If not, we will be risking being rejected?

If rejected at this stage, will they give full refund?

poissonmagique

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhaniqbal said:

So basically, we need to submit IELTS once we get the AOR? If not, we will be risking being rejected?

What documents do we submit to make sure VO is satisfied, if we don't have IELTS?

truthseeker

Apr 9, 2010
mpapdp.1984 said:
Write them a letter with your application explaining how you claim to be proficient in English. You need to be dead sure that you will get the points for English you'r assuming needed to clear the 67 points.
what do we put in letter? please give format of letter.

pgt

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
poissonmagique said:

Yes, once the application is processed, you will not get any refund from high commission. It is advisable to take the test and stay assured about your eligibility.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
truthseeker said:
what do we put in letter? please give format of letter.
I had posted this earlier but am posting it again. You need to modify the letter based on your education and proficiency.

This is what I wrote and got my English language requirement waived by the visa office:

Proficiency in English Language – Letter of explanation

Dear Immigration Officer:
I pursued my PhD studies at the University of XXXXXXX USA from year 2000 to 2004 and received a PhD degree in XXXXXXX (subject) in XXXXX (year). I successfully completed the English proficiency requirements which were a necessary prerequisite for joining the PhD program by securing 623 points in the Test for English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and 600 points on the Verbal section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). These requirements have been mentioned in my PhD transcript which has been attached with the application.
As a part of my current job requirement, I am engaged in training undergraduate students in cell culture and molecular genetics and possess the required fluency in English for conducting these activities. I am also actively engaged in scientific research publication at the highest level in the United States. I have authored over 19 research publications and 30 abstracts during my research career. I am also involved in writing research proposals for securing funding from federal and private grant agencies in the United States. I am a reviewer for 9 scientific research journals and my duties include reviewing scientific manuscripts for suitability for publication in the journals; thus I act as a judge of other peoples scientific research work. Thus from the period of August 2000 to December 2007, I have used English as a medium of instruction for satisfying my academic and job requirements. Please see the employment contract and the letter from the employment agency as evidence for the above.
Additionally, I have completed 12 years of primary and secondary education, 4 years of undergraduate education and 2 years of post-graduate education using English as a language medium. I attended the XXXXXX (name of the school)in XXXXXXX (name of the city), India during my 1st to 12th grade and received instruction in English thorough out this period. English was my first language for my Senior Secondary Certificate as well as my Higher Secondary Certificate examinations. Thus I have been trained in English from my 1st grade till my post-graduate studies. Please see the attached copies of these certificates as evidence.
The official documentation for the requirement of English in my education and job settings should act as proof of my English language proficiency.

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
From what I have read....you really dont need IELTS! :D

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpapdp.1984 said:
I had posted this earlier but am posting it again. You need to modify the letter based on your education and proficiency.

This is what I wrote and got my English language requirement waived by the visa office:

Proficiency in English Language – Letter of explanation

Dear Immigration Officer:
I pursued my PhD studies at the University of XXXXXXX USA from year 2000 to 2004 and received a PhD degree in XXXXXXX (subject) in XXXXX (year). I successfully completed the English proficiency requirements which were a necessary prerequisite for joining the PhD program by securing 623 points in the Test for English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and 600 points on the Verbal section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). These requirements have been mentioned in my PhD transcript which has been attached with the application.
As a part of my current job requirement, I am engaged in training undergraduate students in cell culture and molecular genetics and possess the required fluency in English for conducting these activities. I am also actively engaged in scientific research publication at the highest level in the United States. I have authored over 19 research publications and 30 abstracts during my research career. I am also involved in writing research proposals for securing funding from federal and private grant agencies in the United States. I am a reviewer for 9 scientific research journals and my duties include reviewing scientific manuscripts for suitability for publication in the journals; thus I act as a judge of other peoples scientific research work. Thus from the period of August 2000 to December 2007, I have used English as a medium of instruction for satisfying my academic and job requirements. Please see the employment contract and the letter from the employment agency as evidence for the above.
Additionally, I have completed 12 years of primary and secondary education, 4 years of undergraduate education and 2 years of post-graduate education using English as a language medium. I attended the XXXXXX (name of the school)in XXXXXXX (name of the city), India during my 1st to 12th grade and received instruction in English thorough out this period. English was my first language for my Senior Secondary Certificate as well as my Higher Secondary Certificate examinations. Thus I have been trained in English from my 1st grade till my post-graduate studies. Please see the attached copies of these certificates as evidence.
The official documentation for the requirement of English in my education and job settings should act as proof of my English language proficiency.
If primary and secondary education is in native english speaking country then IELTS is not required, higher education in native english speaking country and explaination of working in english speaking atmosphere or office will not work. If you feel that your english level is quite good then what is harm in appearing in IELTS. Why give Visa Officer a change to use his discretion in giving marks in language proficiency?

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
maybe for the fee here in US it cost $185 & maybe bec of busy sched?!? but in my case will take IELTS though working here in US as IT manager for 5 years just to be sure.

I have a question explorer101.... how many days will be given for medical exam to accomplish it.

thanks in advance!

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
explorer101 - I am with you on that. Exactly, if you are sure about your level then take IELTS and don't give any chance to the visa officer to under-valuate your level.

medical should be completed in 90 days.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
explorer101 said:
If primary and secondary education is in native english speaking country then IELTS is not required, higher education in native english speaking country and explaination of working in english speaking atmosphere or office will not work. If you feel that your english level is quite good then what is harm in appearing in IELTS. Why give Visa Officer a change to use his discretion in giving marks in language proficiency?
Please read my earlier post. I said you need to be dead sure that you will get the number of points you plan to claim for English proficiency. It worked for me. I was not asked to give IELTS. If you are confident you can claim specific points for English, then what is the need to give IELTS? But the decision whether to take the test or not is totally at the APPLICANT's discretion.

I am not advising anyone whether they should give the test or not. Someone needed the text for the letter if they wish to write one, so I posted it.