+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrew my spousal sponsorship and now applied again?

Dec 29, 2018
I applied to sponsor my spouse in early 2018 and got an approval at first stage as in approved to become a sponsor for my husband, due to family issues (rather not go into the dynamics of it) I decided to withdraw the spousal sponsorship because I was afraid I was being used for immigration. After having long talks and what not it turned out that if my husband wasn't sponsored he would get deported, and because we have a daughter, I decided to re-apply for the sake of my daughter to have her father around at the time. He is a very good father, and as I get to know him he is ok, I now feel bad I may have made the wrong decision to withdraw, anyways, my question is now that I have sent the application again for spouse sponsorship, how long would this application take to process? Is there anyone that may have been in the same boat, what was the outcome of the application and all?

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied to sponsor my spouse in early 2018 and got an approval at first stage as in approved to become a sponsor for my husband, due to family issues (rather not go into the dynamics of it) I decided to withdraw the spousal sponsorship because I was afraid I was being used for immigration. After having long talks and what not it turned out that if my husband wasn't sponsored he would get deported, and because we have a daughter, I decided to re-apply for the sake of my daughter to have her father around at the time. He is a very good father, and as I get to know him he is ok, I now feel bad I may have made the wrong decision to withdraw, anyways, my question is now that I have sent the application again for spouse sponsorship, how long would this application take to process? Is there anyone that may have been in the same boat, what was the outcome of the application and all?

Thanks in advance!
Your need to be in a genuine and ongoing relationship to sponsor your husband. Keep in mind that you will be financially responsible for him for three years after he lands in Canada.

To answer your question, it's possible the application may undergo additional scrutiny since you canceled the previous application and depending on your husband's immigration history in Canada (e.g. if he is currently in status). If you applied inland, you should expecting processing to take at least 1 year (possibly longer).

Reactions: singleman
Dec 29, 2018
Thank you scylla for your reply. I thought about the 3 year responsibility should the marriage not work out after him receiving his papers. I applied inland, failed refugee immigrant :oops:

Makes sense if the application takes longer. :D