+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawl PR application

M

majidt

hi Leon/all

i have a question regarding withdrawing application for PR. One of my friend applied to renew his PR card in 2010 and still not received due to residency issue (someone complain about his residency to csc and now they are in doubt that if he will stay in Canada for good after his PR or passport)......so can he withdraw and re apply again or it is too late? now he has already completed his 730 days.
and he also submit application for citizenship.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He can withdraw his PR application at any time. I have heard of people withdrawing them at a very late stage. However, if he applies again, he might get an RQ again. No guarantees.

Saraa

Oct 29, 2012
Hi Leon/ all,

I need your help and advice about PR card renewal. A friend of mine was working out of Canada for a registered company in Canada. Last year she applied for renewing her PRCard before its expiration date even though she wasn’t in Canada for 730. Now she received a letter from immigration Canada asking for several documents from that company. The company said they will not provide the document and all my friend has is the tax forms and bank statements proving the monthly payments. She is not working for the company anymore and has been living and studying in Canada for more than a year now. Would you please give us some advice on what to do? Should she take back her request or is it better to send the documents she has anyways? What is her chance to get her PRCard renewed? If she withdraws her PR application can she apply again when completed the 730 days?

Best regards,
Sara

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she can prove that it is a Canadian company and that she was working for them full time while living abroad, she has a good chance of keeping her PR. However, it may be hard to prove if the company is not willing to co-operate. She should try to withdraw her application for now. If the accept her withdrawal, she can apply again when she has 730 days.

CECapplicant

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5- Dec. 2012
AOR Received.
25 Jan. 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Withdrew application on 23rd May
Hi Mr. Leon.

I was looking for information about withdrawing a PR application, and I wonder if you would be able to guide me on my following questions? I will be truly appreciative of your help.

First one is that I'm not sure where should I send a request letter to? The CIO or the Visa office? because I've not heard back anything except my file number which is issued by CIO.

The second one is about the refunding. My application was received more than 3 months ago (almost reaching the 4th month), and I wonder if there would be any refund for that or I should not mention that in my request letter?

Thank you very much in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't know if your file is now at CIO or at the visa office, you should send the letter to both of them. If you paid your right of PR fee already you will get that back. The processing fee you will get back if they consider that they have not started to process your file. I believe that they consider the CIO stage to be a pre-processing and that the actual processing starts at the visa office so I think it is possible that you also get the processing fee back.

CECapplicant said:
Hi Mr. Leon.

I was looking for information about withdrawing a PR application, and I wonder if you would be able to guide me on my following questions? I will be truly appreciative of your help.

First one is that I'm not sure where should I send a request letter to? The CIO or the Visa office? because I've not heard back anything except my file number which is issued by CIO.

The second one is about the refunding. My application was received more than 3 months ago (almost reaching the 4th month), and I wonder if there would be any refund for that or I should not mention that in my request letter?

Thank you very much in advance.

CECapplicant

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5- Dec. 2012
AOR Received.
25 Jan. 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Withdrew application on 23rd May
Thank you very much for the information.
The eCAS is showing "we received your application on December 5th 2012", and that's all! (I know the eCAS is not as update as it should be though).

I hope to get the fee back as well ;) Once more, thanks for your help.