+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing inland app and re-applying as outland.

PandavN

Oct 18, 2019
With our research at time we thought it would be best to apply in-land so we did. Looking at the timelines for both inland & outland process, i totally regret going with my current option (Especially with holidays along the way).
Currently we are 50 days in inland process yet to receive AOR. OWP isnt our major concern knowing PR decision will be made much faster in outland.
1) Is it worth to withdraw in-land application at this point? Would longer wait time for in-land process a valid reason for withdrawal ?
2) Can spouse still reside in canada while outland application is in process? Drivers license, bank accounts, cellphone, mailing address etc.. for PA has all been changed to Canadian address. Does any of that matter or does PA has to have some kind of ties back to their country of origin.

Thank you in advance & Happy New Year!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
There's no guarantee an outland application will be "much faster."

1. Up to you. It may be a reason to withdraw.

2. If the spouse otherwise maintains valid status in Canada (would need extensions to a tourist admission, since that only is valid for six months) then they can remain. However, "waiting for an outland application to process" isn't necessarily a reason for an extension to be granted.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
With our research at time we thought it would be best to apply in-land so we did. Looking at the timelines for both inland & outland process, i totally regret going with my current option (Especially with holidays along the way).
Currently we are 50 days in inland process yet to receive AOR. OWP isnt our major concern knowing PR decision will be made much faster in outland.
1) Is it worth to withdraw in-land application at this point? Would longer wait time for in-land process a valid reason for withdrawal ?
2) Can spouse still reside in canada while outland application is in process? Drivers license, bank accounts, cellphone, mailing address etc.. for PA has all been changed to Canadian address. Does any of that matter or does PA has to have some kind of ties back to their country of origin.

1) think about all the time you will spend to make new application etc. I dnt think it worth now as its already been 50days. And also, once she gets OWP, she can remain for upto 2 yrs (depending on how long ircc approve her. And also, what matters is you guys are together and fighting this together.

2) she can reside but she will have to leave before her visa expires.

I know its unfair for PR and Citizen of Canada that we have to wait so long for spouse application. Where in fact most fraude happen outside Canada. Well thats Canada for us, Canada is more worry about non residents then their citizens.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Probably not worth it. Withdrawal request take many weeks, if not months, to be processed. There is no guarantee your app will be returned, so you'd probably have to redo and collect everything. When all is said and done, you would probably have lost at least 4 months, possibly longer, before actually submitting the outland app.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1) think about all the time you will spend to make new application etc. I dnt think it worth now as its already been 50days. And also, once she gets OWP, she can remain for upto 2 yrs (depending on how long ircc approve her. And also, what matters is you guys are together and fighting this together.

2) she can reside but she will have to leave before her visa expires.

I know its unfair for PR and Citizen of Canada that we have to wait so long for spouse application. Where in fact most fraude happen outside Canada. Well thats Canada for us, Canada is more worry about non residents then their citizens.
It isn't unfair at all. Inland applicants are already WITH their spouse. Most outland applicants are separated from their spouse, many unable to even visit each other. The priority is reunification.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
It isn't unfair at all. Inland applicants are already WITH their spouse. Most outland applicants are separated from their spouse, many unable to even visit each other. The priority is reunification.
I agree "priority is reunification", however priority shold also that inland applicants shouldn't have wait so long for their OWP, it should just get approve right away. Lets be honest most of us inland applicant taking a chance by applying inland bec most of them are on visitor visa. And some of their visitor visa is about to expire, stressing out canadian sponsor, who work their butt of.

Not sure where u from but whr i am from, ppl pay for fake marriage ( and no1 can trace it as it deal in cash)

Heck, even some student visa applicants are fake. If u go in brampton, mississauga and Toront, u will find so many fake colleges. Thr is one on mcnicoll and steele area, one in Scarborough next to centennial college. U go inside its like cafeterria, no actual classrooms.

So, ya its unfair to genuine Canadians.

And if its really for family réunification, then they shold allow us to sponsor our blood related siblings.

Reactions: russ6970

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I agree "priority is reunification", however priority shold also that inland applicants shouldn't have wait so long for their OWP, it should just get approve right away. Lets be honest most of us inland applicant taking a chance by applying inland bec most of them are on visitor visa. And some of their visitor visa is about to expire, stressing out canadian sponsor, who work their butt of.

Not sure where u from but whr i amfrom, ppl pay for fake marriage ( and no1 can trace it as it deal in cash)

Heck, even some student visa applicants are fake. If u go in brampton, mississauga and Toront, u will find so many fake colleges. Thr is on mcnicoll and steele area, one in Scarborough next to centennial college. U go inside its like cafeterria, no actual classrooms.

And if its really for family réunification, then they shold allow us to sponsor our blood related siblings.
Inland OWP is a gift that outland applicants aren't eligible for - which is a benefit to inland applicants.

Reactions: Gtiffen

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Not sure where u from but whr i am from, ppl pay for fake marriage ( and no1 can trace it as it deal in cash)

Heck, even some student visa applicants are fake. If u go in brampton, mississauga and Toront, u will find so many fake colleges. Thr is one on mcnicoll and steele area, one in Scarborough next to centennial college. U go inside its like cafeterria, no actual classrooms.

The OWP used to take over a year. 3-4 months is pretty good.

Not sure what you mean about taking a chance. There is no chance. It is a simple process to maintain status in Canada and even if status is lost, the PR app will not be refused because of it.

Inland apps have been found to be fake too. There is no magic condition that all inland apps are genuine.

It isn't unfair to anyone.

I'm not sure how you made the leap from reuniting spouses and potentially children to siblings.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
And heck i know someone personally, who got married to girl with PR and he got here in 3 months. Now he wants divorce as he got his PR. Poor girl is devastated.

And she cant complain as IRCC will say, u have no proof.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
The OWP used to take over a year. 3-4 months is pretty good.

Not sure what you mean about taking a chance. There is no chance. It is a simple process to maintain status in Canada and even if status is lost, the PR app will not be refused because of it.

Inland apps have been found to be fake too. There is no magic condition that all inland apps are genuine.

It isn't unfair to anyone.

I'm not sure how you made the leap from reuniting spouses and potentially children to siblings.
Yes now its few months bec ppl like me spoke up and fight for it.

Yes inland application can be fake as well that is why inland or outland applications, both should take equal length of time to verify properly.

And I said siblings, bec wether its spouse or siblings it should be straight up family réunification under family class. If family member is left behind in a country where there is no proper law then burden falls on Canadian family member. You probably wont understand as you might have settled in good establish country. Trust me its coming soon as i am working on it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes now its few months bec ppl like me spoke up and fight for it.

Yes inland application can be fake as well that is why inland or outland applications, both should take equal length of time to verify properly.

And I said siblings, bec wether its spouse or siblings it should be straight up family réunification under family class. If family member is left behind in a country where there is no proper law then burden falls on Canadian family member. You probably wont understand as you might have settled in good establish country. Trust me its coming soon as i am working on it.
And outland applicants/sponsors will make the argument that as inland couples are already together, it's not fair to make them wait to be together and that the reunification priority should mean that outland apps are processed faster. Everyone wants the policy that best benefits them. IRCC makes the choices as to what is fair.

Family members are defined by IRCC as spouse and dependent children. A sibling relationship is not to the level of spouse/children. If you make a choice to immigrate and leave siblings in your country, that is 100% your personal choice and not Canada's responsibility. It is that sibling's responsibility to meet the immigration requirements. Sibling sponsorship is most certainly not coming soon.

Reactions: Gtiffen and k.h.p.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
If you check processing times on CIC, Outland and Inland are basically at the same wait times. This was just according to the last time I checked. Both were at 12 months processing time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you check processing times on CIC, Outland and Inland are basically at the same wait times. This was just according to the last time I checked. Both were at 12 months processing time.
While the posted processing times are the same, the reality is that outland apps are generally processed faster than that.