+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing Citizenship application

maheompr1

Nov 28, 2019
I have a question on withdrawing citizenship application?

I have applied citizenship for myself, my wife and daughter in Nov 2019, I want to withdraw application for myself and my daughter and want to continue for my wife.

Can anyone please confirm if this can be done? Do I need to withdraw for all and then apply for my wife or can continue with current application and just withdraw for myself and daughter.
Will it have any impact on citizenship decision for my wife.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
I have a question on withdrawing citizenship application?

I have applied citizenship for myself, my wife and daughter in Nov 2019, I want to withdraw application for myself and my daughter and want to continue for my wife.

Can anyone please confirm if this can be done? Do I need to withdraw for all and then apply for my wife or can continue with current application and just withdraw for myself and daughter.
Will it have any impact on citizenship decision for my wife.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If you asked for the application for all the family members to be processed together you will likely need to withdraw all the applications then resubmit for your wife. Each application is assessed on it's own merit as such if she resubmits then it will be on her own eligibility to become a citizen.

maheompr1

Nov 28, 2019
If you asked for the application for all the family members to be processed together you will likely need to withdraw all the applications then resubmit for your wife. Each application is assessed on it's own merit as such if she resubmits then it will be on her own eligibility to become a citizen.
Thanks for the reply
I looked at withdrawal form it goes by Client ID I think each applicant is considered individually not sure what will happen if I submit withdrawal form only for myself and my daughter.

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
If anyone wants to withdraw citizenship application can he withdraw just before taking oath or he has to withdraw before a decision is made.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
If anyone wants to withdraw citizenship application can he withdraw just before taking oath or he has to withdraw before a decision is made.
I believe the change of getting some of the $630 back increases if one does it earlier. Given application times this one is not likely yet In Process so you may be able to get most of it back IF you act soon (AoR is 2 months or so and IP another month?)

Plus I imagine IRCC looks more favourably on someone (should you want apply in future) if you withdraw earlier. And after all there’s the test to likely consider. Don’t want to go thru that if not going for Citizenship.

Remember your wife will likely have to say this is (at least) her 2nd application.

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
Thank you jc94 for your response, I have a question in Ecas it says you can withdraw before a decision is made and the IRCC website says you can withdraw at any time before taking Oath by communicating in writing so there is a contradiction, can anyone having some experience in withdrawing tell which one is correct.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thank you jc94 for your response, I have a question in Ecas it says you can withdraw before a decision is made and the IRCC website says you can withdraw at any time before taking Oath by communicating in writing so there is a contradiction, can anyone having some experience in withdrawing tell which one is correct.
Well both DM and Oath are pretty late on.
Maybe just call IRCC.