+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing cec....so confused!

Leon1986

Nov 8, 2012
Hello guys,

I will really appreciate if the senior people can give me some advice; I am considering withdrawing my Cec application because I submitted a letter without the main responsabilities in one of my jobs which was a 9 month period very important job but later in the process I realized it could affect me.
I contacted my employer and they are only providing me with a letter from their careers website which includes the description but it is not an actual letter; the other concern I have is that the lady in HR only copy paste part of the noc duties because I did perform those duties; I have no idea why she did this and also added two more responsabilties that are Not exactly as the noc duties I did about 70 % of what the noc duty says but the career Website letter she gave me does not convince because it doesn't have my name anything. She did provide me with a letter that states my salary job time with company all that but in a separate letter with my name id everything and sign by her. Also, I sent an additional document with a more detailed explanation of another role I had for 7 months because the job description was very small in the first letter mailed in the original package. I went to an immigration counselor and the counselor recommend to get a letter instead of a generic one used by this HR lady regardless if it is has part of the noc duties which will state my duties but reword them this time instead From the noc dutiies but since they already have this career website letter which 4 duties are exactly the same and 2 duties that are not I am not sure to this because it will create confusion. I' am Considering withdrawing the application and sending a brand new package clear and complete now that I have more experience in this whole immigration matter. Do you senior people reccomend me to make this move? Should I wait for a response and send the letter as a new letter as the immigration consultant said? Will this withdrawal affect my new application? Please help I dont know what to do? I have 1 year of work experience which I am 100% sure it will qualify for my application as a skilled worker now not 70% like the other job under my belt. At the present time of my application I only had 7 months with this employer which is the same were i submitted and additional documemt because of the very small description given in the original package This document which I submitted also has some duties for Noc exactly the same but more duties reworded too I have 1 year 3 months now with them and I am
Considering taking out this application and sending a new one. This is my true sad story that Living now I am a May applicant with Aor on sept 6 but no medicals. What do seniors think please help me I am Desperate and dont know what to do?

Jun 28, 2012
I think that you have three options in this situation:

1. You can wait to see if the VO will process your application based on the information you provided.
PRO: You mentioned that the letter you provided has about 70% of the duties that are on the NOC website. That, to me, should be enough to satisfy the VO that you were, in fact, doing the job that you claimed to be doing.
CON: You may get even more stressed thinking about your application and may lose time with the delay.

2. You could also email the CPPO and ask them if you can send an updated employment letter. If they haven't started processing your application they may be able to accept the new letter.
PRO: You can get a answer directly from the CPPO. This will determine what action you should take.
CON: It may take even more time to hear from CPPO.

3. You can withdraw your application, as you mentioned, and resubmit it.
PRO: you get to submit a package which you have more confidence in and which you are satisfied meets the requirements of the CEC
CON: You forfeit all the time and money that you have already invested in you current application.

I hope this helps.

Good luck :)

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Send the updated letter any way. If your file hasn't been opened/processed yet, you still have chance.