+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing application ? Consequences ?

Mersiha

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
So the relationship between my ex hubby and me deteriorated and I have cancelled the pr application. I AM the sponsor.

I have read somewhere if you sponsored and relationship fell through then You can’t sponsor for 5 years again, is that true or is that true only if they come to Canada and the relationship falls through ?

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
So the relationship between my ex hubby and me deteriorated and I have cancelled the pr application. I AM the sponsor.

I have read somewhere if you sponsored and relationship fell through then You can’t sponsor for 5 years again, is that true or is that true only if they come to Canada and the relationship falls through ?
As long as you withdraw the application before any decision was made I believe there are no restrictions on when u can sponsor again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No consequences. You may have extra scrutiny if you sponsor someone else relatively soon but that could be the case with anyone who sponsors someone soon after the breakup of a marriage or common law relationship.

Luckily your spouse didn’t land before you realized this was not a good marriage.