+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing a Criminal Rehabilitation Application

Summerbreeze

May 1, 2023
I applied in 2021 to the London office. I am legally deemed rehabilitated as of 2023. I applied for an ETA also last year, but it still hasn't been approved either. I am wondering if I should simply write to IRCC to withdraw my CR application if it has now been three years and they haven't made a decision as of yet. I believe the only reason my ETA is still pending and forwarded to the London office is because of the pending CR application. If I am deemed rehabilitated then I no longer need to apply for Criminal rehabilitation. Any advice or imput would be helpful.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in 2021 to the London office. I am legally deemed rehabilitated as of 2023. I applied for an ETA also last year, but it still hasn't been approved either. I am wondering if I should simply write to IRCC to withdraw my CR application if it has now been three years and they haven't made a decision as of yet. I believe the only reason my ETA is still pending and forwarded to the London office is because of the pending CR application. If I am deemed rehabilitated then I no longer need to apply for Criminal rehabilitation. Any advice or imput would be helpful.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/overcome-criminal-convictions/deemed-rehabilitation.html

You do not have to apply to be deemed rehabilitated, but you should be sure you will qualify before you try to enter the country. Otherwise, you could be found inadmissible to Canada when you arrive at the border. It is in your best interest to be assessed by the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate responsible for your area. This will help ensure you do not travel to Canada only to be refused entry or be subject to other enforcement action.

Since you are confident that you are now deemed to be rehabilitated, withdrawing the CP application seems to make sense.