+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

withdrawal

Rohit548

Oct 11, 2016
Hi,
I have applied for express entry and its been more than 7 months and I need to withdraw my application. I got to know that withdrawal is at discretion of cic now. Don't one have a right to withdraw application and get a refund of RPRF, i know I won't get processing fee. anyone heard of that they didn't get to withdraw. please help

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,
I have applied for express entry and its been more than 7 months and I need to withdraw my application. I got to know that withdrawal is at discretion of cic now. Don't one have a right to withdraw application and get a refund of RPRF, i know I won't get processing fee. anyone heard of that they didn't get to withdraw. please help
See link from FAQ here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23
Why do you think you can't withdraw your application now? At what stage are you?

Also, if I may ask without being too nosy, why do you want to withdraw? If you can explain to us, it's possible there may be an alternative to withdrawing...

Rohit548

Oct 11, 2016
See link from FAQ here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23
Why do you think you can't withdraw your application now? At what stage are you?

Also, if I may ask without being too nosy, why do you want to withdraw? If you can explain to us, it's possible there may be an alternative to withdrawing...
Hi thanks for sharing, My wife is the primary applicant and I am the dependant. We have not heard from cic its been 8 months now. I am working in canada and don't have access to lot of financial facilities which I could get as PR. I now qualify for Express Entry with points and believe I can withdraw and reapply as primary applicant.

I have accessed the GCMS notes, criminality, security, Medical are all cleared. For eligibility it is waiting for officers review this has been the case since June. I have provided all the documents but there is no clarity what is happening. hence I thought if I apply fresh probably things can move. This thing is irritating...

Nc31

May 10, 2017
ou are almost there. Don't withdraw your application, instead order another GCMS and also call cic.

How are you sure that your new application will be more faster? Just hold on.

Wish you all the best

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi thanks for sharing, My wife is the primary applicant and I am the dependant. We have not heard from cic its been 8 months now. I am working in canada and don't have access to lot of financial facilities which I could get as PR. I now qualify for Express Entry with points and believe I can withdraw and reapply as primary applicant.

I have accessed the GCMS notes, criminality, security, Medical are all cleared. For eligibility it is waiting for officers review this has been the case since June. I have provided all the documents but there is no clarity what is happening. hence I thought if I apply fresh probably things can move. This thing is irritating...
I don't think it'll "save time" if you restart your application with you as a primary!!

Rohit548

Oct 11, 2016
ou are almost there. Don't withdraw your application, instead order another GCMS and also call cic.

How are you sure that your new application will be more faster? Just hold on.

Wish you all the best
Hi,
The file has been under eligibility review since July 2017. I contacted cic as recent as today, they are saying its still waiting for an officer to review eligibility. It can take any time may be a year, 2 years etc etc.after 6 months there is no certainty to the process.

makoondi

Jan 14, 2018
dears,
its highly appreciated to support me on this case.
in 2011 i applied for QSW and received the Ref. Number. it took long time till 2015 that i received another email to complete and update mentioned documents list. due to changes( marriage and family issues) i decided not to proceed. so i didn't update the file. now i want to apply for Express Entry and I'm afraid whether it affects my new case. kindly advise whether i should withdraw the case? if so, how?

Cailou

Apr 3, 2019
Hi,
The file has been under eligibility review since July 2017. I contacted cic as recent as today, they are saying its still waiting for an officer to review eligibility. It can take any time may be a year, 2 years etc etc.after 6 months there is no certainty to the process.
Hi Rohit548,

Could you share how your application has gone? Hope that it went well for you. I have the same situation and thinking about withdrawing my application. My application has been 1 year (AOR April 10th 2018) and through GCMS Notes, Ị've found out that I didn't provide necessary documents supporting some of the CRS scores that I claimed (my 2 degrees, my sister's proof of living in Canada and the occupation that I based on for my CRS is nearly 2 years only instead of 3 as I claimed, while I could have chosen another occupation which I had 4.5 years of experience - foolish I am, now I know huhuhu). I have provided the additional documents to IRCC (March 30th 2019) and learnt that my application, together with the additional documents that I provided, was transferred to the visa office in Singapore. I know it's just been days since I provided the additional documents but feels like it would take forever. I just don't know what to do now besides hoping that my application would be rejected asap or I withdraw my application so that I can start from scratch. This way, at least I know what the timeline is.

Thanks to share and thanks all to advise what's the best I should do now

Fbttn

Dec 25, 2019
After 3 months waiting for my work permit extension I surprisingly got a message that my application was withdrawn by myself!!! But I did NOT request any withdraw. Now they said they will investigate and that I should call back in 2 weeks to find out there decision. Any thoughts on what might have happened, please?

Fbttn

Dec 25, 2019
After 3 months waiting for my work permit extension I surprisingly got a message that my application was withdrawn by myself!!! But I did NOT request any withdraw. Now they said they will investigate and that I should call back in 2 weeks to find out there decision. Any thoughts on what might have happened, please?
Anybody