+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal USA asylum

Fady Slaem

Jan 26, 2019
hello guys
I was a student in USA with F1 visa , then after I finished my studying , i could not go back to my country because revolution and unsafe dangerous conditions.I applied for asylum with my wife (pending) . After 3 years i and my wife decided to visit family . We got a written permission letter to leave and possible come back with no need to entry visa. The plan was meet with family in 3rd country. Then we decided to travel finally to our country, every thing started to be stable. At the airport officers stopped us and asked us that why we are going to travel to country which we asked for asylum.
After about 1 year and half , I contacted with my lawyer to withdraw my case and he did “still pending asylum no officer interviewe scheduled”
Here is my issue
I’m going to do my PhD in Canada ,have an acceptance letter from University,
I have full scholarship to cover all my expenses, fees and insurance to all my family members
Is what happened to me will effect my student permit & visa application.
Or will officers at port of entry check my case in USA and will know every thing.
Do I need to write that in my application,
Or no need to mention it .

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
hello guys
I was a student in USA with F1 visa , then after I finished my studying , i could not go back to my country because revolution and unsafe dangerous conditions.I applied for asylum with my wife (pending) . After 3 years i and my wife decided to visit family . We got a written permission letter to leave and possible come back with no need to entry visa. The plan was meet with family in 3rd country. Then we decided to travel finally to our country, every thing started to be stable. At the airport officers stopped us and asked us that why we are going to travel to country which we asked for asylum.
After about 1 year and half , I contacted with my lawyer to withdraw my case and he did “still pending asylum no officer interviewe scheduled”
Here is my issue
I have full scholarship to cover all my expenses, fees and insurance to all my family members
Or will officers at port of entry check my case in USA and will know every thing.
Since you applied for a rufugee status , your visa most likely will be rejected , since Canada and us share security information , plus your grounds for refugee are zero so any future claims are zero as well

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello guys
Here is my issue
Note that you need to apply for a study permit and that study permit must be approved before traveling to Canada. You must mention the asylum application in your study permit application.

Reactions: Fady Slaem

Fady Slaem

Jan 26, 2019
Note that you need to apply for a study permit and that study permit must be approved before traveling to Canada. You must mention the asylum application in your study permit application.
Do you think that I’m going to lose my chance for studying overseas even though I tell them exactly what was happened,
I was in dangerous then my hometown became safe to return??

Fady Slaem

Jan 26, 2019
Yes , it’s already withdrawn after I left USA.
My lawyer said that to me “ I’ve to cancel befor USCIS deny my case due to not attending my interview” also he said in future I can apply for vise student with no problems because change circumstances
Is your refugee claim still pending in States? You can always apply but clearly state all what happened in a LOE. Do not attempt to hide any information as it will only work against you on this and any future applications.
Explain in the letter how your situation has changed and hopefully your student visa is granted. Good luck!
Is your refugee claim still pending in States? You can always apply but clearly state all what happened in a LOE. Do not attempt to hide any information as it will only work against you on this and any future applications.
Explain in the letter how your situation has changed and hopefully your student visa is granted. Good luck!

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
include an explanation while applying for canadian study permit and try to convince them that you are no more in need of seeking refugee.you should be fine.best of luck

Fady Slaem

Jan 26, 2019
Hello
I applied for visa student and got refused due to family ties and travel history then i worked to fix these,
I applied second time i got refused for purpose of visit.
so my questions are
1) from my application in the second refused which showed that the 2 reasons in my first try have already deleted. Do i need to worry about my first 2 reasons again or there are fine in future reapply????
2) my study was in January 15 /2019. I got my deferral acceptance letter to May 2019 but i didn't submit it, because i though it was fine to continue work with my acceptance old letter and embassy could ask me to renew it before make any decision ????
so i got refused after seven days of my study starting day in 22/1/2019, So do you think if i reapply again and send my new acceptance letter will be fine ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
I applied for visa student and got refused due to family ties and travel history then i worked to fix these,
I applied second time i got refused for purpose of visit.
so my questions are
1) from my application in the second refused which showed that the 2 reasons in my first try have already deleted. Do i need to worry about my first 2 reasons again or there are fine in future reapply????
2) my study was in January 15 /2019. I got my deferral acceptance letter to May 2019 but i didn't submit it, because i though it was fine to continue work with my acceptance old letter and embassy could ask me to renew it before make any decision ????
so i got refused after seven days of my study starting day in 22/1/2019, So do you think if i reapply again and send my new acceptance letter will be fine ??
The purpose of visit refusal reason means your ties to your home country aren't sufficiently strong and that IRCC has concerns you aren't a genuine student / have plans on remaining in Canada long term. You should include your new acceptance letter - however you also want to include stronger evidence of your ties to your home country if possible.

Fady Slaem

Jan 26, 2019
The purpose of visit refusal reason means your ties to your home country aren't sufficiently strong and that IRCC has concerns you aren't a genuine student / have plans on remaining in Canada long term. You should include your new acceptance letter - however you also want to include stronger evidence of your ties to your home country if possible.
in my first try my family submitted open work permit application with my visa student then in the second try we decided to apply only myself just to convince officer about my ambition for studying only. also i show a good position carrier that i need to improve with my PhD program. So do you think my purpose of visit is connect to expired acceptance letter ???? and is useful to try for third time
thx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You basically have to convince IRCC that you have no plans to claim asylum and you don’t plan to remain in Canada which is tough if you have already claimed asylum relatively recently. Also not sure of your home country but there could also be quite a lot of current asylum claims from your home country. You must have a masters degree. Have you looked whether you qualify for economic immigration?

syed imraan

Jan 9, 2020
in my first try my family submitted open work permit application with my visa student then in the second try we decided to apply only myself just to convince officer about my ambition for studying only. also i show a good position carrier that i need to improve with my PhD program. So do you think my purpose of visit is connect to expired acceptance letter ???? and is useful to try for third time
thx
Hello Fady Slaem,

I hope you doing well, did your Canada visa approved for Ph.D., I have the same issue which yours, I was rejected for a tourist visa for Canada with my wife, again I am planning to apply for Ph.D. in Canada, is there any chances or any advice for me?