File Transfer...
07/07/12 but no VO as of 08/22/12
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
I have now begun to consider withdrawing my application from 13 months ago. We submitted medicals with the application and they've now expired and one of my children is now an adult. We had our interview waived in March. Buffalo closed. Our file was transferred July 7 to Ottawa (that we only found out by calling my husband's MP) and we have not heard one word even that our file HAS been transferred. No visa officer assigned. I am 48. I am done waiting. I will move closer to my husband and that's that.

What is the withdrawal process? As easy as an email?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
ELOH said:
I have now begun to consider withdrawing my application from 13 months ago. We submitted medicals with the application and they've now expired and one of my children is now an adult. We had our interview waived in March. Buffalo closed. Our file was transferred July 7 to Ottawa (that we only found out by calling my husband's MP) and we have not heard one word even that our file HAS been transferred. No visa officer assigned. I am 48. I am done waiting. I will move closer to my husband and that's that.

Hey Eloh,

Sorry to hear that, it seems like it is taking a long time indeed and that must be frustrating. Considering the timeline, you are probably quite close to being finish... but I know it's difficult to believe when you have been waiting for so long.

If you want to withdraw your application, indeed you need to send an email to CIC. here is the link to the website where it is explained http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp

towards the end of the page, you can click on "withdraw your application" - and it will give you the email address.

Maybe you can check with your MP was is going on one more time before withdrawing the application ? there has been a delay when files were transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa but it should be getting better soon...

Also - If you are from the US, you could consider waiting out the rest of the process with your family in Canada on a tourist visa, not ideal I know, but it would allow you to be close to your family ( if you are from a visa exempt country) - I'm doing that next week and going to canada on a tourist visa to wait out the rest of my PR (which of course I hope will come soon enough).

Good luck,
Sweden

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
ELOH said:

sad to hear that... :eek:

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
You've come so far.. Very sad. Can't you email them explaining your circumstances, maybe they may be nice enough to give you some sort of timeframe meaning whether you started over or will they just continue on from whee the last officer left off..

Try before you quit.. You may already be finished..

ELOH

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
03/12/2012
File Transfer...
07/07/12 but no VO as of 08/22/12
Med's Done....
08/25/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/28/2013
Thank you all. It's so nice to receive such warmth from strangers. I know many of you understand. I feel like time is so precious. And I guess I will have my husband call one more time Tuesday. I feel like, with our luck, I will withdraw and receive an approval the next day. But I have been waiting so long. I keep thinking it's just around the corner, meanwhile watching the months go by without the man I love.

So... call to Ontario on Tuesday.

And I will give it to the end of next week.

Thank you all for your support. I feel like I have been here so many times.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am very frustrated as well with what is going on. We are not alone...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foff-canada-i-cant-wait-any-longer-telling-my-wife-and-kids-to-come-back-t120727.0.html
Is there a way to act? My **censored** word* MP won't interfer!!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Why not order GCMS notes? or in your mind abandon the app but in reality just leave it... I have been waiting 11 months as well, and maybe because it is hard for me to live in my husbands country (I cannot move my child out of canada as per custody order) I have no other choice but to wait.

It seems to me so sad that you want to withdraw, although I def understand the frustration that causes that.

To address some of your thoughts... if your medicals have expired, you can redo them when prompted, although it will cost money, it is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

If your child was a dependent at the time of application, I do believe if he has aged past that point during the wait, he/she is still considered a dependent. But if someone with more experience knows better, please feel free to correct me.

Please please reconsider. You WON"T be sorry in the end if you wait it out!

Nawaljaan

Jul 11, 2020
Hi
I would like to ask about withdrawal ,Some body used my system and sent withdrawal request of my husband application. I received email that if you want to withdraw your application attach written and signed request with webform.
My question is what will be the outcome of that withdrawal request? will cic process the withdrawal request or will wait for the written consent?

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Hi
I would like to ask about withdrawal ,Some body used my system and sent withdrawal request of my husband application. I received email that if you want to withdraw your application attach written and signed request with webform.
My question is what will be the outcome of that withdrawal request? will cic process the withdrawal request or will wait for the written consent?
No, for the withdrawal to be valid they require your written signatures on your withdrawal letter

Nawaljaan

Jul 11, 2020
No, for the withdrawal to be valid they require your written signatures on your withdrawal letter
But i saw on my husband CIC account status shows submitted,Now i dont know if my application is still active or they have not believed the missuse of my information and has submit the fake withdraw request on my husband file.How can i confirm if they will accept first webform of withdrawl or second form which i attached with signed that it was not me?Please help