+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of Study Permit application

RachitMalik

Jul 7, 2017
Hey guys,

How long does it take to withdraw a submitted online study permit application, after the request is submitted?
Anyone who has done the same? Would appreciate if you could share your experience.

I applied for my study permit for Sept 17 intake on 31st May 2017 using my University of Toronto offer for an undergraduate degree. I missed a few documents like submitting IELTS, Class 12th result as it was not listed in the online checklist but later I realised was required. I submitted those documents through the IRCC webform later on 21st June. Also on the online checklist the slot for uploading medical didn't appear for me for some reason. Nevertheless I went and completed my medical exam and then submitted my acknowledgement through the IRCC webform on 12th June. It has been 6 weeks and my application is still in process. I am getting really worried and I feel because I didn't submit all the docs while applying it could result in rejection. What should I do? Should I cancel my application and then re apply? Can you re-apply after canceling an application?

My profile:
IELTS - 8 bands overall( 9-L 8-R 7-W 7-S)
CBSE 12th - 95.8% overall Science stream.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rachit

Last edited:

Rohit2365

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Hey guys,

How long does it take to withdraw a submitted online study permit application, after the request is submitted?
Anyone who has done the same? Would appreciate if you could share your experience.

I applied for my study permit for Sept 17 intake on 31st May 2017 using my University of Toronto offer for an undergraduate degree. I missed a few documents like submitting IELTS, Class 12th result as it was not listed in the online checklist but later I realised was required. I submitted those documents through the IRCC webform later on 21st June. Also on the online checklist the slot for uploading medical didn't appear for me for some reason. Nevertheless I went and completed my medical exam and then submitted my acknowledgement through the IRCC webform on 12th June. It has been 6 weeks and my application is still in process. I am getting really worried and I feel because I didn't submit all the docs while applying it could result in rejection. What should I do? Should I cancel my application and then re apply? Can you re-apply after canceling an application?

My profile:
IELTS - 8 bands overall( 9-L 8-R 7-W 7-S)
CBSE 12th - 95.8% overall Science stream.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rachit
So u applied again or get visa on old application.
As I also don't get option for medical

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Dont cancel now just wait for your fait, the medical probably didnt appear because you didnt choose that you stayed in one of the medical required countries for six month or you didnt choose that you did medical already, in which case they would have asked you to do medical when they get to that point in checking your application.

Reactions: Rohit2365

Rohit2365

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
I have done my upfront medical on 30 july before any instruction
My application was submitted on 13 july
I mark that question regarding designation country wrong :(
I am totally struck I guess

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I have done my upfront medical on 30 july before any instruction
My application was submitted on 13 july
I mark that question regarding designation country wrong :(
I am totally struck I guess
Try sending it to them via the web form with a short explanation, not much else to do. They might ask you to do medical anyway.

Reactions: Rohit2365

Rohit2365

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Yup
I have uploaded e medical report at web form and mail it to embassy too.
In case they ask for medical will my upfront will be fine or I need to do another medical with ime details?

Anshu Ghate

Apr 16, 2020
Yup
I have uploaded e medical report at web form and mail it to embassy too.
In case they ask for medical will my upfront will be fine or I need to do another medical with ime details?
Hi ...the same problem has happened to me aswell. Did you get your visa in the end and did they tell you to do the medical exam

Thor1995

Mar 18, 2020
How can i withdraw my study permit application. As i have got full scholarship in India and now i want to pursue to india. so for withdrawal process what can be done??