+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of study permit application- How long does it take to withdraw?

StudyCanada12

Sep 23, 2021
@Humpholito24 Thank you for your answer. Should it be only "withdrawn" in my profile or there is a confirmation letter for that? Is there any possibility to not accept my request? I want to withdraw my study permit application (2nd Ph.D.) and apply for a postdoc (a work permit).
Hey did you withdraw your application and applied for work permit application?

Sidhuanurit

Nov 7, 2021
Hi all,

I have a question about the withdrawal of my application. How long does it take to withdraw my application, and it was shown in my profile? Should I get a letter of approval form IRCC about that?

Would it affect my future application for VISA to Canada?

Sadstudent

Dec 19, 2021
I submitted the request via Webform to withdraw my sister's application which by mistake was submitted for Visitor visa instead of Study permit ( not sure how) but its been more than 1 month and still active.
2 weeks ago, we did get the reply for IRCC stating that they have forwarded the request to the admin to withdraw the app and refund the fee but no update since then.
Regardless, last week we have submitted the new application for Study permit.
In short, it could take some time.
Hey was ur new application for study permit approved even though the other application was not withdrawn when you submitted the new application? Please help I made a mistake and I need to apply soon.

Mar 17, 2021
We submitted the Webform and it look almost 1 month. Online Webform has the request type as 'Withdraw application'

Bro we submitted webform for withdrawal in Feb 21 2022 but no webform email and 2nd we submitted last week. Today got biometric. Why they are sending biometric. Wil they accept our withdrawal request

Mar 17, 2021
Hi all,

I have a question about the withdrawal of my application. How long does it take to withdraw my application, and it was shown in my profile? Should I get a letter of approval form IRCC about that?

we submitted webform for withdrawal in Feb 21 2022 but no webform email and 2nd we submitted last week. Today got biometric. Why they are sending biometric. Wil they accept our withdrawal request

And did you get any confirmation from ircc

Mar 17, 2021
I submitted the request via Webform to withdraw my sister's application which by mistake was submitted for Visitor visa instead of Study permit ( not sure how) but its been more than 1 month and still active.
2 weeks ago, we did get the reply for IRCC stating that they have forwarded the request to the admin to withdraw the app and refund the fee but no update since then.
Regardless, last week we have submitted the new application for Study permit.
In short, it could take some time.
Bro same situation

They gave refusal letter after sending 2 webform and sent again webform to mention that we have requested to withdraw application before the start of application

What you got on your end
Can we connect on whatapp bro

RagNara

May 14, 2022
Hi all,

Hi,

I saw your post regarding the withdrawal of your study permit to apply for a post-doctoral work permit in Canada. I am in a similar situation, I applied for a student visa along with my wife’s open work permit. My application is under review.
But meanwhile, my wife got a three-year postdoctoral job offer (LMIA exempted) from a reputed University in Canada. Now we want to apply for a work visa by keeping my wife as a primary applicant and myself as dependent with an open work permit. Since we have an already running visa application at IRCC, we need some expert advice and opinion on how to proceed with our second visa application where my wife will be the primary applicant. Can you please help us with the questions mentioned below?
1. Can we have two visa applications at IRCC at the same time? One in which I applied for a study permit with my wife on an open work permit, and another application where my wife applies for a work permit visa and I apply for a dependent open work permit.
2. If we cannot have two applications simultaneously, do we need to cancel our existing student visa application and then apply for another one?
3. If the answer to question number 2 is ‘yes’, how much time does it take to cancel the existing visa application?
4. What if the withdrawal of an existing application takes an unexpectedly long time, and this eventually delays our second visa application?
5. Does the withdrawal of an existing application impact the decision and processing time of another application?
Your valuable input would be of great help to me.

mns0008

May 7, 2022
Bro same situation

They gave refusal letter after sending 2 webform and sent again webform to mention that we have requested to withdraw application before the start of application

What you got on your end
Can we connect on whatapp bro
Hello you got a refusal letter after you submitted a withdrawal request? That means the application was already processed when you asked to withdraw?

madhavcanada

Jun 29, 2023
Dear sir/madam,
I have lodged STUDY PERMIT VISA for CANADIAN UNIVERSITY on 9th MAY 2023 but had mistaken on paying the fee and again did another application with same GCKEY ACCOUNT on 10th MAY 2023 .Both the application had same UCI number but different application number. I have requested for withdrawing the first application and had withdrawn on 20th June 2023 but the same "your application was withdrawan”receive for another application as well on 23rd June 2023.
I have given the biometrics on 15th May 2023 as requested and was waiting for the passport request letter but the withdrawn status was displayed on screen(withdrawn letter only received for first application only).
As per my offer letter I need to join the university on 15th July 2023.What should I do and what will be the chance of getting VISA with this application?
attachment 1:Status of previous application number S305707936
attachment 2:Status of latest application number S305716042
I hope you will give proper guidance and support.
In Background check all NA.

mesoalex

Apr 1, 2024
Good day admin, please I have sent a withdrawal letter since on the 9th of February to IRCC due to some mistakes made on my application and up till now, no response from the IRCC if my withdrawal has been approved or not. How long do I have to wait more as my admission is running out of time because I want to reapply