+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of Representative

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
If you’re using an authorized representative to help you or your family members in any way during the immigration process, each family member over the age of 18 who is being represented must sign their own Use of Representative form [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB).

if the principal applicant and any dependents over the age of 18 have sent the signed form to withdraw the representative.....IRCC will stop sending any correspondence to the withdrawn representative.....and any correspondence will be sent through the principal applicant linked account.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5561-instructions-use-representative.html

Reactions: Anna02

Anna02

Nov 12, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018
If you’re using an authorized representative to help you or your family members in any way during the immigration process, each family member over the age of 18 who is being represented must sign their own Use of Representative form [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB).

if the principal applicant and any dependents over the age of 18 have sent the signed form to withdraw the representative.....IRCC will stop sending any correspondence to the withdrawn representative.....and any correspondence will be sent through the principal applicant linked account.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5561-instructions-use-representative.html
Thank you for your answer.

In my case both my dependents are 18 +.
They didn’t send the withdrawal Use of representative form. So will the CIC send the correspondence about them to the representatives or to my linked account?

What about the sponsor? Does he have to send a form fow withdrawal too?

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

i guess you sent 3 copies of the rep form....for principal applicant and for each dependent age over 18.......if that's correct......applicant and 2 dependents may also send form to cancel or withdraw the representative.

applicant and any dependent on the application who earlier authorized the representative need to withdraw the representative.....and IRCC will stop sending any correspondence to the withdrawn representative.....and any correspondence will be sent through the principal applicant linked account.

Anna02

Nov 12, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018

i guess you sent 3 copies of the rep form....for principal applicant and for each dependent age over 18.......if that's correct......applicant and 2 dependents may also send form to cancel or withdraw the representative.

applicant and any dependent on the application who earlier authorized the representative need to withdraw the representative.....and IRCC will stop sending any correspondence to the withdrawn representative.....and any correspondence will be sent through the principal applicant linked account.

To withdraw the representative I sent only 1 UOR form myself (applicant) with the sponsor. Will that be enough for the CIC to send all the correspondence regarding the sponsor and dependents to my linked account?

Anna02

Nov 12, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018

When we first applied for PR through the consultant we did signed 4 UOR forms for each applicants. So, you were saying is that if we want to withdraw the representative we all have to sign each 4 forms again to withdraw. Is that correct? Just to confirm.

Thank You

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if the dependent over the age of 18 also earlier authorized the representative.....they may need to also withdraw the representative.

all individuals on the same sponsorship application who earlier authorized the representative need to withdraw the representative.

Anna02

Nov 12, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018
if the dependent over the age of 18 also earlier authorized the representative.....they may need to also withdraw the representative.

all individuals on the same sponsorship application who earlier authorized the representative need to withdraw the representative.
Thank you so much for your answer, I didn't know my dependents had to sign a UOR form to withdraw the representative since this is one application.

One more question can my dependents authorized me as their representative?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Authorized representatives
  • If you (the sponsor) will receive correspondence for, or act in any way on behalf of your spouse, partner, or dependent child over the age of 18, the person you are sponsoring (and each represented family member over 18) must complete a Use of Representative form [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) authorizing you as their representative.
The principal applicant and any dependent over the age of 18 on the same sponsorship application can appoint the sponsor as representative.

Anna02

Nov 12, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018
Authorized representatives
  • If you (the sponsor) will receive correspondence for, or act in any way on behalf of your spouse, partner, or dependent child over the age of 18, the person you are sponsoring (and each represented family member over 18) must complete a Use of Representative form [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB) authorizing you as their representative.
The principal applicant and any dependent over the age of 18 on the same sponsorship application can appoint the sponsor as representative.
I understand.
But, Can the dependants appoint me (principal applicant) as their representative?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if the dependent were included in your sponsorship application were you are the principal applicant as your dependent children......you can't be a representative on a sponsorship application were you are the principal applicant.......sponsor can be appointed as representative not principal applicant.

Anna02

Nov 12, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018
if the dependent were included in your sponsorship application were you are the principal applicant as your dependent children......you can't be a representative on a sponsorship application were you are the principal applicant.......sponsor can be appointed as representative not principal applicant.
okay If the dependants sends the form to withdraw the representative on file, then all the correspondence will be sent to the linked Gckey account right?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
all individuals on the same sponsorship application who earlier authorized the representative need to withdraw the representative......then all the correspondence will be sent to the linked GCkey account

Anna02

Nov 12, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
06-03-2018
all individuals on the same sponsorship application who earlier authorized the representative need to withdraw the representative......then all the correspondence will be sent to the linked GCkey account
That’s all I wanted to know. Thank you so much.

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Representatives also have to wait until they get any update from visa office .. same as ourselves we thought to do the same but we let the idea go, we call then after every 2 weeks and they pleasantly answers our questions. Since you have 3-4 people in the app it's gonna be lots of work. Yes you paid them for your file but they also have to wait for the upation of you are very curious you can also check automated upation.