+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of one application and keeping the other - Leon ? Dpenabill ?

Rita80

May 30, 2015
Hello Everybody, Hello dpenabill, Hello Leon,

If a family who applied together for Citizenship, that means 2 applications in one file number, decided to separate the file, that means to have 2 applications with 2 file numbers, how to do that ?

Starting all over is not an option, i.e reapplying for both members is not an option.

If the above is not possible, then how to withdraw one of the applications and to keep the other application active with the current file number ?

Thank you all...

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rita80 said:
Hello Everybody, Hello dpenabill, Hello Leon,

If a family who applied together for Citizenship, that means 2 applications in one file number, decided to separate the file, that means to have 2 applications with 2 file numbers, how to do that ?

Starting all over is not an option, i.e reapplying for both members is not an option.

If the above is not possible, then how to withdraw one of the applications and to keep the other application active with the current file number ?

Thank you all...
Rita80, we have sent a split request 5 months ago to our local office and nothing happened since then.
they even did not explain the reason why they don't want to separate the file.
Even though RQ is only on my name and my wife is waiting with me as our CS application is a family application i.e. we sent two applications in one envelope.
to withdraw one application and keep other applications active i.e. to do such a great appendicitis surgery, you just need to follow the procedure below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=735&top=5
hope this helps.

Rita80

May 30, 2015
HighFive said:
Rita80, we have sent a split request 5 months ago to our local office and nothing happened since then.
they even did not explain the reason why they don't want to separate the file.
Even though RQ is only on my name and my wife is waiting with me as our CS application is a family application i.e. we sent two applications in one envelope.
to withdraw one application and keep other applications active i.e. to do such a great appendicitis surgery, you just need to follow the procedure below:
cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=735&top=5
hope this helps.
Many thanks for your reply.

i understood from the link you sent is withdrawal of a file, even though it's written application but it's meant of a file that's why they will make a refund, while we need to withdraw one of the applications and keep the other application with the same file number, what do you think? what would be acceptable reasons for this withdrawal for CIC ? I am afraid to send this form CIT0027E and CIC would misunderstand and cancel the file number for both applications!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rita80 said:
Many thanks for your reply.

i understood from the link you sent is withdrawal of a file, even though it's written application but it's meant of a file that's why they will make a refund, while we need to withdraw one of the applications and keep the other application with the same file number, what do you think? what would be acceptable reasons for this withdrawal for CIC ? I am afraid to send this form CIT0027E and CIC would misunderstand and cancel the file number for both applications!
Then you have to call them and ask how to do that. Or wait for other forum members to comment.

Rita80

May 30, 2015
Hello Highfive,

for your case, as per CIC, CIC may process the other family members’ applications separately, which they of course are not doing, find below;

cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=734&top=5

AbdulIBX

Mar 6, 2016
In our situation the processing agent called us to inform us that there is a problem with one of my exit dates (I made a mistake by declaring a wrong exit date) so the officer offered that he could split our applications he just needed our consent about it.

Our application was successfully split, and I didn't send any form for that.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rita80 said:
Hello Highfive,

for your case, as per CIC, CIC may process the other family members’ applications separately, which they of course are not doing, find below;

it is a mystery why they wont separate the file even a good reason is given to them.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbdulIBX said:
In our situation the processing agent called us to inform us that there is a problem with one of my exit dates (I made a mistake by declaring a wrong exit date) so the officer offered that he could split our applications he just needed our consent about it.

no calls, no emails, no letters from CIC in our case, unfortunately.

Rita80

May 30, 2015
AbdulIBX said:

hi AbdulIBX,

Thanks for your reply.

you are so lucky that CIC called you on your phone number to help you in solving your problem ? !!! not common, that's great.

how did you send the consent ? is it a letter you wrote or a form sent by CIC to you to sign ? or only verbal by phone on spot ?

AbdulIBX

Mar 6, 2016
It was a verbal consent from my wife and I. We didn't sent anything.

The problem with our application was that I made a mistake with one of my exit dates and after recalculation with the correct Exit date I ended up below the 1460 days and I became not eligible for citizenship with that application. But everything was fine with the dates of my wife so the agent wanted to separate our application to let my wife attend her Oath.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbdulIBX said:
It was a verbal consent from my wife and I. We didn't sent anything.

The problem with our application was that I made a mistake with one of my exit dates and after recalculation with the correct Exit date I ended up below the 1460 days and I became not eligible for citizenship with that application. But everything was fine with the dates of my wife so the agent wanted to separate our application to let my wife attend her Oath.
didnt they give you RQ? just returned the application? have they returned your money back?

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rita80 said:
Hello Highfive,

Rita80, I searched CIC's website again and there is nothing else down there about citizenship file withdraw application. Just one procedure and one PDF file mentioned above.

Canadiandesi2006 , can you please shed some light here as you are the one who did withdraw and re-applied recently on this forum. Thanks.

AbdulIBX

Mar 6, 2016
HighFive said:
didnt they give you RQ? just returned the application? have they returned your money back?
I didn't get my application back nor any refund, because I re-applied with a cover letter that I will use my payment from the first application once again, hence I didn't wanted my refund.
I didn't receive any RQ, the agent said that now the RQs will be used very rarely only in the extreme situations.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbdulIBX said:
I didn't get my application back nor any refund, because I re-applied with a cover letter that I will use my payment from the first application once again, hence I didn't wanted my refund.
I didn't receive any RQ, the agent said that now the RQs will be used very rarely only in the extreme situations.
that's awesome news about RQ.
also it is great that you have got a second chance to submit a second application with the same fee.

How far you are from oath now, dare I ask?

AbdulIBX

Mar 6, 2016
HighFive said:
that's awesome news about RQ.
also it is great that you have got a second chance to submit a second application with the same fee.

How far you are from oath now, dare I ask?
I am Still waiting to take the test once again it is early to think about Oath yet, but there is a good chance the Oath to be this year.