+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of my refugee claim (from Hong Kong)

Sep 21, 2021
Hi,
I have filed a refugee claim 2 years ago in Canada.Due to serious family issues,I would like to withdraw my claim so that I can go back to Hong Kong.*It is an determined decision for all of our family.
However,my daughter who is under 18 is still having school.Can I request a deferral of removal order for like 3 months so that she can finish her first school term ?
I am having no idea about the removal process as my lawyer had withdrawn my case due to the National Security Law in HongKong.
Thankyou for your help!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I have filed a refugee claim 2 years ago in Canada.Due to serious family issues,I would like to withdraw my claim so that I can go back to Hong Kong.*It is an determined decision for all of our family.
However,my daughter who is under 18 is still having school.Can I request a deferral of removal order for like 3 months so that she can finish her first school term ?
I am having no idea about the removal process as my lawyer had withdrawn my case due to the National Security Law in HongKong.
Thankyou for your help!
Once you withdraw your claim you are automatically on the removal list. School has just started so it would likely be easier to move now versus in 3 months.