+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal from POF post COPR

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,

I applied as a single applicant last year and for POF, I showed the funds in the form of a gift from my father. I received my COPR sometime in October and November but I did not make my landing since I was getting married in January.

I requested to add my spouse after our marriage and my existing COPR was cancelled and I have been requested to submit further documents one of which is updated POF.

I had maintained those funds since last year until just last week or so when my dad needed some funds to meet some expenditures. I made three transfers to him and the total amount constitute about 25% of the amount that I had in my account.

I had planned before the transfers that to meet the additional POF threshold I would again show a gift from my father. When I made transfers and I was going to make further transfers, I realized that this might seem suspicious to the authorities that a I'm paying funds to my father who happened to be my donor when I had applied as a single applicant and then after a few days getting those funds and the additional funds required for the POF for 2 persons back from him again as a gift.

I fear that then CIC might question the legitimacy of the funds as to whether they really arr a gift or they might ask as to why did I make any outflow when the funds were strictly kept for settlement in Canada.

A possible solution that I've thought of is not to take the funds from my father but instead take them from my grandfather which might not raise that much suspicion

I have about 14 days to submit the documents and I'm really worried as to how best to deal with the situation.

Can anyone help or share his/her experience.

Regards.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi,

I applied as a single applicant last year and for POF, I showed the funds in the form of a gift from my father. I received my COPR sometime in October and November but I did not make my landing since I was getting married in January.

I requested to add my spouse after our marriage and my existing COPR was cancelled and I have been requested to submit further documents one of which is updated POF.

I had maintained those funds since last year until just last week or so when my dad needed some funds to meet some expenditures. I made three transfers to him and the total amount constitute about 25% of the amount that I had in my account.

I had planned before the transfers that to meet the additional POF threshold I would again show a gift from my father. When I made transfers and I was going to make further transfers, I realized that this might seem suspicious to the authorities that a I'm paying funds to my father who happened to be my donor when I had applied as a single applicant and then after a few days getting those funds and the additional funds required for the POF for 2 persons back from him again as a gift.

I fear that then CIC might question the legitimacy of the funds as to whether they really arr a gift or they might ask as to why did I make any outflow when the funds were strictly kept for settlement in Canada.

A possible solution that I've thought of is not to take the funds from my father but instead take them from my grandfather which might not raise that much suspicion

I have about 14 days to submit the documents and I'm really worried as to how best to deal with the situation.

Can anyone help or share his/her experience.

Regards.
Getting the money from your grand father, as a gift deed will work as well.
Just ensure that you have more than the required amount for 2 in the bank.

Reactions: al2un