+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw Visitor Record Application

Apr 12, 2022
Hi,

I'm very confused about the implications of withdrawing a Visitor Record application. I'm waiting for a decision but I plan to leave Canada before it even gets processed and ask for withdrawal using IRCC form.

Reading on the official website: "If the extension application is withdrawn, there is no longer a pending application for extension on the date the withdrawal is registered. As a result, the period of authorized stay expires on that date. If the applicant left Canada, the border services officer imposed a period of stay upon re-entry, and the extension application is withdrawn before the end of this period, the individual has until the end of the period specified by the border officer to remain in Canada." Source

1. Does it mean that it will look like I stayed legally until the date I asked for withdrawal (after leaving Canada), or like I overstayed past the date printed in my current immigration document? (like I never applied at all)
2. As this withdrawal request will show up in my immigration file. Would it negatively affect a future Study Permit application?

Thank you