+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw Refugee cliam

Dosha

Sep 29, 2015

We are refugee came through the us tunnel from Detroit US to Canada Windsor arrived on 26th June 2015 and our hearing was on 20th August 2015 but we didn't take the decision at the court and the judge told us that we'll receive it by mail and till today 29th September 2015 nothing received, and now we need to back to our country as we believed that the danger is gone now , so my question is what is the process to withdraw our refugee claim and what time will takes , and from where we shall get back our passports

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
Get in touch with your Lawyer who will give the full details usually within a month the withdrawal process is completed and you will get your Passport most of the times at the Airport.However,why don't you exercise a little patience to know the outcome of your Case.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Dosha said:

We are refugee came through the us tunnel from Detroit US to Canada Windsor arrived on 26th June 2015 and our hearing was on 20th August 2015 but we didn't take the decision at the court and the judge told us that we'll receive it by mail and till today 29th September 2015 nothing received, and now we need to back to our country as we believed that the danger is gone now , so my question is what is the process to withdraw our refugee claim and what time will takes , and from where we shall get back our passports
You cannot withdraw your refugee claim application after the hearing. on the hearing day the judge (IRB) must have told you the decision verbally.
it usually takes 4-8 weeks to get the notice of decision you are still within the time frame and you may get the notice of decision in the next few weeks. no one gets the notice of decision on the hearing day it is always mailed afterwards.

you haven't mentioned the outcome of your hearing?

1)-if your case has been rejected CBSA will contact you and will arrange your travel back to your home country.
2)- if your case is accepted and you still want to abandon your refugee status and want to go back to your home country, you can do that by contacting CBSA and IRB. once you get your passport you can go back to your country.

in both cases above you most likely wont be able to enter into canada again in future.

Dosha

Sep 29, 2015
They didn't provide us even verbally about the decision and they said we Will know the descion by mail, also I've contacted the IRB and they said I can withdraw the claim by sending written letter to them and i already send it today and she said most likely it will takes couple of days to get the reply if they approve the withdraw or not and she said after getting the approval I need to contact the CBSA to arrang getting my passports back , plz advice now you told me I cannot withdraw the claim after the hearing how come plz advice ???