+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw PR application and OWP

heartbroken12

Nov 4, 2017
Hi,

I recently was unfortunate enough to find out that my common law partner (Canadian) was unfaithful and has broken the trust in our relationship. We have been trying to work through it but the more time that passes, the more I realise that I need to end the relationship.

We have an application submitted to sponsor me for PR which I suspect should be granted in the next few weeks. However, I'm 90% sure I need to end the relationship before Christmas so I don't have to fake with family etc. which means I must withdraw the application. I applied for an Open Work Permit with the application which has been approved. It expires on 2019/11/07.

There are no conditions on the Work Permit that were not on my previous work permit obtained through IEC but under "Remarks/Observations" it says "TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS MAINTAINED AS PER R183(6). PENDING FC APR". If I withdraw my PR application can I continue to live and work here and apply for PR through Express Entry?

Thanks in advance for responses.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your open work permit will remain valid even if the application is withdrawn. So yes - you can remain and work and apply for PR through an economic stream.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,

I recently was unfortunate enough to find out that my common law partner (Canadian) was unfaithful and has broken the trust in our relationship. We have been trying to work through it but the more time that passes, the more I realise that I need to end the relationship.

We have an application submitted to sponsor me for PR which I suspect should be granted in the next few weeks. However, I'm 90% sure I need to end the relationship before Christmas so I don't have to fake with family etc. which means I must withdraw the application. I applied for an Open Work Permit with the application which has been approved. It expires on 2019/11/07.

There are no conditions on the Work Permit that were not on my previous work permit obtained through IEC but under "Remarks/Observations" it says "TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS MAINTAINED AS PER R183(6). PENDING FC APR". If I withdraw my PR application can I continue to live and work here and apply for PR through Express Entry?

Thanks in advance for responses.
Hi i am in the same situation
Can you please tell me
What happened with your work permit?