+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw Post Graduation Work Permit Online Application and Go for FlagPolling

May 16, 2015
Hi Friends,

I already applied for post graduation work permit before 12 days through on-line and I got a job offer now but the employer needs the copy of the work permit.

Can I withdraw my on-line application and go for flag-polling?if yes,please tell me the procedure as I have only one week remaining for my joining date.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Ramkumar Muthu said:
Hi Friends,

I already applied for post graduation work permit before 12 days through on-line and I got a job offer now but the employer needs the copy of the work permit.

Can I withdraw my on-line application and go for flag-polling?if yes,please tell me the procedure as I have only one week remaining for my joining date.
if u have applied for pgwp then u can legally work just show ur employer proof that u applied for pgwp.

"Paragraph R186(w) allows students who have completed their program of study to work while they are waiting for a decision on their work permit application as long as they were a full-time student enrolled at a designated learning institution in a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program, and they did not exceed the allowable hours of work."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp

May 16, 2015
Hi Mead,

Thanks for your reply but I tried to convince the employer but they told they need the copy of the work permit.can you please help me with this situation?

1bal

Nov 9, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
Ramkumar Muthu said:
Hi Friends,

Hey,

You can't withdraw your application as per my experience. One of my friends who is graduated from Toronto, he applied for PGWP four months ago and didn't get any response. So he tried flag-polling at BC border, but officers refused to give him PGWP as he applied online also. They gave him a reason of "duplication of documents" if get both by applying online and at border.

Regards

C.C. me

Jul 18, 2017
Hi there, Can someone help me.
I need to withdraw my PGWP, at the end I need to apply for a different kind of visa. Does any body know how to do it?
I need to do it ASAP pleaseee helllppp!!