+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw online SOWP

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hii im Indian citizen planning to apply for an visitor visa to visit my husband for 2-3 weeks, who is International student in Canada, on the occasion of our first marriage anniversary.

im posting my query here bcoz to get some info regarding my application process....

Previously,on september 20 2015 i have applied for SOWP in online, as my husband is full-time international student in Canada...almost 6 months that i have applied, the processing time has been crossed but still no update from CIC, the status is showing as OPEN.we have requested for GCMS notes and case specific inquiry which may take 30 days to get response from them...and my husband who is Canada called CIC call center...but they are giving inappropriate answers...so our hopes got down on SOWP. so to celebrate our first anniversary we are now planning to apply for visitor visa for 2-3 weeks.

my doubt is,whether my current visitor application will be affected by my previous SOWP application?

In TRV application application it has a checkbox like HEVE YOU EVER APPLIED TO CANADA/LIVED IN CANADA WHAT SHOULD I MENTION THERE?

can i withdraw my previous SOWP application? After withdrew what will be the status on my application? even after withdraw of my application i have to check yes for the above question?

how can i withdraw my online application? how much time it will take?

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
prathyusha said:
please reply to my query.........
Visitor visa shouldn't affect nor be affected by SOWP application

However visa officer can get doubts about your willingness to return to your country after visitor period.
You should be able to support you visitor visa including letter of your employer allowing leave period and showing you'll continue working after it, ties to your county like dependants, business, studies...

A letter of invitation from you husband can help, better if notarized in Canada. (You can upload a scanned copy, before get the original, just in case is requested)

You don't need to withdraw your SOWP, just let finish the process.

About the question HAVE YOU APPLIED BEFORE...
Obviously the answer is YES even if you withdraw your application, you should provide a brief explanation

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I don't recommend to withdraw your aplicattion.

To do it go to Case Specific Enquiry site, select withdraw of online applications and upload a Withdrawal letter.

Letter should have a brief explanation and all your personal information: full name, date of birth, application number, Client number (if any), address, email.

How long will take? Hard to say, probably almost the same time to get SOWP application complete.

I requested withdrawal of some BOWP application two months ago and nothing yet, VO is adding a note to to your file about withdrawal but until a officer open your file to process it, the withdrawal will not be processed.

So, no need to withdraw it

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hey thank you so much for your valuable info....

i'm showing an employment letter and leave letter of 3 weeks from my HR manager, return flight ticket,and bank balance of 5lakhs.
since i don't have any properties in my name can i show my husband properties as my ties to home country..?

what are the other possible ties i can show to prove that i will return back after my visitor period..?

since my husband is an international student in Canada, what are the chances of getting visitor visa for student spouse?

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I don't know if husband's properties can help, perhaps if you can add a Explanation that you're taking care of the properties while your husband is abroad (assuming you're declaring going to visit your husband)

For visitor usually is suggested to include a visit itinerary, or at least a list of intended visits, depending on where is your husband you can include some tourist areas to visit (like Rockies mountains, Niagara Falls, ....)

I read in this forum some visitor visa like yours, visiting spouse or fiancée, can be rejected due lack of ties and excessive visitor time asked

2-3 weeks sounds like real vacation, and HR letter will help. I can't say your application will be accepted but looks legitimate so probably it will be OK.

Anyways, taka a look in this forum about other visitor visas.

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hii thank you so much i will provide travel itinerary in cover letter, but do i need to provide any proof for that? or i can simply mention it in cover letter will be ok.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I really don't know about visitor visa, just write some realistic, I don't think you should buy or reserve tickets, hotels room or whatever

But if you really are going to do some excursion, reserve some hotel rooms could help.

If you're declaring go to visit your husband, you'll need a letter of invitation (notarized), explaining he'll provide a room and something like that

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hi, just a quick question about how to withdraw application made by cic agent on my behalf.

actually the scenerio is that my application was approved and i was issued a work permit but there was a mistake on the permit. for this reason i called CIC to correct it. the agent put an application note to correct it. after waiting for more than a month, i decided to go for a new application and cancel the previous application note. therefore i sent a paper application (as dictated by CIC's agent) to the processing center in ottawa to cancel the application note made by cic agent on my behalf. and i applied on paper for the correction of the permit (the permit initially had a mistake with the expiration date so i had to apply for the extension)

please tell me how can i know if the note is still there. and if it is there how can i make sure that it gets deleted so that they dont issue two seperate permits.
thank you

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
numair728 said:
Hi, just a quick question about how to withdraw application made by cic agent on my behalf.

actually the scenerio is that my application was approved and i was issued a work permit but there was a mistake on the permit. for this reason i called CIC to correct it. the agent put an application note to correct it. after waiting for more than a month, i decided to go for a new application and cancel the previous application note. therefore i sent a paper application (as dictated by CIC's agent) to the processing center in ottawa to cancel the application note made by cic agent on my behalf. and i applied on paper for the correction of the permit (the permit initially had a mistake with the expiration date so i had to apply for the extension)

please tell me how can i know if the note is still there. and if it is there how can i make sure that it gets deleted so that they dont issue two seperate permits.
thank you
You can call CIC to ask, also you can request GCMS notes (1 month at least, I think).

If finally you get two WP it's not a big deal, but probably CIC will withdraw the firts one.

rockyj123

Apr 27, 2015
prathyusha said:
hii im Indian citizen planning to apply for an visitor visa to visit my husband for 2-3 weeks, who is International student in Canada, on the occasion of our first marriage anniversary.

im posting my query here bcoz to get some info regarding my application process....

Previously,on september 20 2015 i have applied for SOWP in online, as my husband is full-time international student in Canada...almost 6 months that i have applied, the processing time has been crossed but still no update from CIC, the status is showing as OPEN.we have requested for GCMS notes and case specific inquiry which may take 30 days to get response from them...and my husband who is Canada called CIC call center...but they are giving inappropriate answers...so our hopes got down on SOWP. so to celebrate our first anniversary we are now planning to apply for visitor visa for 2-3 weeks.

my doubt is,whether my current visitor application will be affected by my previous SOWP application?

In TRV application application it has a checkbox like HEVE YOU EVER APPLIED TO CANADA/LIVED IN CANADA WHAT SHOULD I MENTION THERE?

can i withdraw my previous SOWP application? After withdrew what will be the status on my application? even after withdraw of my application i have to check yes for the above question?

how can i withdraw my online application? how much time it will take?
Hi,
We are in the same boat as you. 5 months but still no update on my wife's SOWP. We were also contemplating applying for a visitor visa for her but our lawyer said that the immigration officer might not like it that two applications are going on in parallel. So we haven't applied for the visitor visa just to be safe.

But all the best to you. I know how it feels to not be with the spouse on the 1st anniversary.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
rockyj123 said:
Hi,
We are in the same boat as you. 5 months but still no update on my wife's SOWP. We were also contemplating applying for a visitor visa for her but our lawyer said that the immigration officer might not like it that two applications are going on in parallel. So we haven't applied for the visitor visa just to be safe.

But all the best to you. I know how it feels to not be with the spouse on the 1st anniversary.
I read in this forum some cases were a visitor visa was denied to spouse/fiancée due to not convince the VO about the return to the original country.

Having a SOWP application in progress perhaps can arise some suspicions but it the requested visitor time is reasonable (2-3 weeks), having an employer letter and some other ties, perhaps can be granted, anyways it's worth to try.

If denied, you'll tell about it when filling WP/PR applications, so could be a risk? Could be, I really don't know.

I never applied for visitor visa so I don't know too much about it