+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw college

Ansh arora

Jan 13, 2019
Hello everyone
Can anyone tell me if i withdraw from mohawk college aftr reaching there thn how much fee will be deduct.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So is there any problem if i withdraw from mohawk college and take admission in any other college
You need to have a confirmed admission to the other college before you withdraw from mohawk college, otherwise you will not have status in Canada. Also, they claim to take 60-90 days for the refund, so keep that in mind. Usually the advice on this forum is to only pay fees when you are certain you want to join that college only.

Ansh arora

Jan 13, 2019
So first i have to apply to any other college? But i think i can rqst a withdraw in between 10 days of my classes but if till that time i dont get offer letter from any other college thn?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So first i have to apply to any other college? But i think i can rqst a withdraw in between 10 days of my classes but if till that time i dont get offer letter from any other college thn?
You can't do that, you will not have status in Canada. You have entered on a student visa. If you are not a student of any college, you will have to return to your home country. If you don't like the college, then why did you apply and pay the fees for it ?

Ankur beri

Feb 20, 2019
If we are going in may intake in one college and also have offer letter of other better college of sept intake than can we withdraw the course after reaching canada.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Okay.
I have my visa starting from may ending in dec.
so if i change college from here only and ask for refund from may intake college.
Can i go in canada near sept.
Yes, you can. However, you will need mention this change to cic using the link I posted. Also, college will charge hefty fees for refund. Also, if your duration of study permit does not match your new program, then you will need to extend your study permit once you are in Canada.

Ankur beri

Feb 20, 2019
Yes, you can. However, you will need mention this change to cic using the link I posted. Also, college will charge hefty fees for refund. Also, if your duration of study permit does not match your new program, then you will need to extend your study permit once you are in Canada.
Can I withdraw college after landing before my classes and can i stay there with no problems till sept when my masters degree starts. And after that i will extend my study permit

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Can I withdraw college after landing before my classes and can i stay there with no problems till sept when my masters degree starts. And after that i will extend my study permit
Will you have the funds to live there, you cannot work before your classes start. I am also not a 100% sure they will allow you to stay in Canada.

Reactions: Ankur beri