+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw BOWP application

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Last weekend I finished my PR landing at the border. As soon as I went back home, I sent a request through Web form to withdraw my Bridging Open Work Permit application. There's no automated response email after I sent out the request. However this morning I received the following email and I'm feeling confused.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you wish to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, we invite you to fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website.

Please include the following information:

• Complete name,
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI), if you have one,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Country of birth,
  • Complete address (including the postal code),
    • if the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses,
  • Telephone number,
    • if you have more than one contact number, please provide them all,
  • Application type,
  • Date you sent your application,
  • (If applicable) Online application reference number,
  • A copy of the e-payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the payment receipt form (IMM 5401),
  • The reason to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, and
  • For a permanent residence application, please also include a signed withdrawal letter.
The office will determine whether a withdrawal (or cancellation of a withdrawal request) of the application is possible, and issue a refund, if applicable.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

Agent's Name, agent XXXX(agent number)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

In my request, I included everything mentioned inside this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23 so I didn't provide my address, copy of e-payment receipt and reason to withdraw. Is this email telling me to re-submit another request including all the information specified in the above email or is it just something generic that agents copy and paste in response to every application withdrawal request?

All answers/replies are highly appreciated. Thanks so much.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The response is saying you need to provide all the required information.

If you didn't provide information that is needed to process the withdrawal, you need to resubmit with all the information.

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
The response is saying you need to provide all the required information.

If you didn't provide information that is needed to process the withdrawal, you need to resubmit with all the information.
Ok thanks buddy, I will resubmit another request with all the information required. It's annoying though IRCC doesn't make this information checklist clear in the first place :(

PatrickZ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2016
Last night I raised another CSE via Web form along with all the required information specified in the last reply and received a response this morning:

Good day <My Name>,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

A note has been added on file to notify the responsible office that you wish to withdraw your application. Once the processing of your application begins, the office will determine if the application can be withdrawn and will issue a refund within 16 weeks of the withdrawal, if applicable.

If you have submitted your application with family members and you are the principal applicant, the office will also withdraw their applications.

Please note that the decision to withdraw an application is definitive, and that a new application will require the applicable fees.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

<Agent Name>, agent <Agent Number>
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

So what's the process now? Will my application still stay in the normal queue waiting for an officer to open my file?